A week ago, the 2013 Yankees were walking on a tight rope. Their roster, while a significant downgrade from the 2012 squad, looked strong enough to contend for a wild card spot in the American League. The team’s rapidly aging core was still effective last year, and should a few things go right should have [...]
The connection between Travis Hafner and the Yankees starts almost 12 months ago. Before signing Raul Ibanez, a Hafner trade was one of the most popular and realistic rumors around the internet. Obviously that didn’t happen, but back in November I hinted at the Yankees again trying for the left-hander on the [...]
Yesterday, we heard that the Yankees are interested in Travis Hafner for their DH position. At first glance, this flies in the face of what we’ve heard the Yankees say they want out of a DH; Hafner is completely incapable of playing a position, even first. To boot, he’s also something the Yankees may want [...]
It’s been a while since Grady Sizemore‘s name was relevant in baseball. Back in those days, he was one of the brightest young outfielders in the game. By 25 years old, Sizemore accumulated three All Star appearances, two gold gloves, and one silver slugger. He could field, he could hit, he could take [...]
Aside from Russell Martin and AJ Pierzynski, this year’s free agent market was completely bare of starting catchers. It made the Yankees’ decision to let Martin leave for Pittsburgh confusing. Francisco Cervelli and Chris Stewart are hardly starting-caliber catchers, and Austin Romine‘s health and ability are questionable. The team has stated [...]
When the new CBA was released last year, the Yankees lost a ton of leverage in the international free agent market. In the past, when the team was restricted by low amateur draft picks, the front office pumped loads of money into international scouting and signings. Mariano Rivera, Robinson Cano,
Much has been made of the Nationals and Michael Morse over the last couple of months. After a career flush with injuries, a 30 year old Morse was fresh off a breakout 2011 season this Spring Training, but this time it was his back muscles that kept the outfielder on the disabled list into [...]
Yesterday, we heard news that Scott Boras, agent for free-agent reliever Rafael Soriano, approached the Yankees about a one year contract for the righty pitcher. Boras and Soriano were apparently, “flatly denied” per Bob Klapisch. Buster Olney hinted that the Yankees are choosing the draft pick/draft pool money over [...]
The Hot Stove season is far from over. There are still over 40 days until pitchers and catchers report to Florida and Arizona for Spring Training, so there is still plenty of time for deals to get done. Despite that, the Yankees seem to have a fairly complete roster. With the re-signing of Ichrio Suzuki, [...]
When Rafael Soriano initially signed with the Yankees, the contract looked awful. Not only did the team lose a draft pick, but they guaranteed a non-closer $35 million over three years. It was a high price to pay for a setup man, but even worse, the Yankees gave him two player options, and [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- many dresses are especially for wedding or for other events2 on Chuck Johnson on Chase Whitley
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees