Roger Clemens is 50 years old. He’s one of the best pitchers of all time, and wants to make a comeback. He’s signed to an independent league team, and now we get MLB Trade Rumors posts like this:
Astros owner Jim Crane told Mark Berman of FOX 26 Sports [...]
Today, I hit a quarter century. The big 2-5. I share a birthday with current Yankees Andy Pettitte and Eduardo Nunez, as well as former Yankees Wade Boggs and Ramiro Mendoza. The Yankees play the Nationals tonight, and for the second year in a row, [...]
With the MLB draft upcoming, I thought this would be a good time to think a bit about the uncertainty of the draft, and how so many other factors come into play other than just the player’s talent. In particular, I wanted to focus on 2 interesting years, 1992 and 2009, to see how wonderful [...]
The Red Sox and Orioles played a marathon finale to their three game series (which, in terms of innings, almost lasted four). The six-plus hour affair probably wasn’t what either team had in mind on getaway day, [...]
Derek Jeter is hitting .400/.440/.590 on May 2nd. That alone is pretty insane. Its even crazier because Jeter is 38 years old and a shortstop. Few people would fault Jeter for slowly fading into oblivion as he caps off a career as one of the best shortstops ever to play the game. But instead, he’s [...]
Before the Red Sox acquired A’s reliever Andrew Bailey, and after his subsequent injury, Mark Melancon was considered to be a potential closer. Now, he may finally get that opportunity, but not in Boston. Less than 24 hours after surrendering [...]
Last week, I wrote a post about which active players should be inducted into the Hall of Fame. I didn’t expect it to be too controversial, but it generated a lot of conversation. The question: how should we treat PED users when their names come up for consideration on the Hall of Fame ballot?
With the quiet lull in place before the burst of energy that marks opening day, its a good time to have one of my favorite baseball discussions. Who makes the Hall of Fame? Let’s supposed that these players retired today, without playing a day in the 2012 season or beyond. Who is in? Active players [...]
(The following is being syndicated from The Captain’s Blog).
I’m not a big fan of the NFL, at least not the mediocrity and gimmickry that have become its ideals, but in honor of the Giants Super Bowl encore against the Patriots, the table below contains every World Series rematch (same participants within [...]
According to Sweeney Murti on Twitter, Jorge Posada is not going to try to continue his career outside of New York, and will retire after a long an arguably Hall of Fame caliber career.
I’m 24 years old. I became a die-hard baseball fan during the 1998 season,when Jorge Posada received his first [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Christina on Game Thread: Angels versus Yankees, Saturday July 14th
- walkfit platinum reviews on The TYA staff on the Yankees’ television and radio broadcast teams
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees