Bud Selig wanted this. He wanted everyone glued to their TV’s, he wanted stadiums filled with fans, but most of all, he wanted to increase revenue. When Bud Selig wants something, he gets it.
I can’t say I’m a fan of the new playoff system. I expect it to dilute the competition with teams unworthy. [...]
From conversations with my fellow TYA bloggers, I get the sense that a lot of people do not like the looming 1-game Wild Card playoff system. For the first time, the Wild Card teams will not immediately advance to the division series, and will instead play each other in a winner-take-all single game.
I like [...]
No less than a week ago, I wrote about Andruw Jones’ declining bat speed. It appears that all that extra play in the outfield had an adverse effect on his bat. His counterpart, Raul Ibanez has been equally terrible. The Yankees essentially forced their aging designated hitters onto the field to cover [...]
As I sit here watching the wind whip around and the skies turn into a threatening color of dark gray, I think about Andy Pettitte. Pettitte had been out for nearly three months following an ankle fracture at the hands of a Casey Kotchman line drive back in June. But if [...]
I was a pretty big critic of the CBA signed before the 2012 season started by Major League Baseball and the Major League Baseball Players Association. I viewed it as a short-sighted attempt to reduce player development costs, which in the long run would hurt the sport.
That said, it could be worse. After labor [...]
The Yankees will remain in first place no matter what happens between the time I write this and when the team next plays on Tuesday. But with such a tight lead on the pole possession in the AL East, there is a real possibility that Baltimore will slip ahead and drop the Bombers into a [...]
I was originally going to post part 1 of my fall top-30 prospects today. Unfortunately, my busy schedule and the need to redo a bunch of graphics put a hold on that. So I’d like to share a thought that I’ve been having lately.
The Yankees are teetering on the edge of collapse. It wasn’t [...]
This is the story of how I wound up appearing in the HBO documentary “Nine Innings From Ground Zero,” which was shot in early 2004, premiered later that year and is now shown yearly around the 9/11 anniversary.
Everything happened very quickly. One minute, I was writing a post about being a rabid [...]
(The following is being syndicated from An A-Blog for A-Rod)
These past 3 weeks have not been enjoyable as a Yankee fan or a writer. There isn’t much to be found in the way of positive talking points, and I feel like the Yankees’ pathetic play has been taking its [...]
The Yankees are in the midst of a collapse. Many fans have been sensitive about using that word, but it’s an appropriate description for what has happened to the team since establishing a 10-game lead in the [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees