Admittedly, when we held our very own TYA awards, my MVP vote went to Mike Trout. Why? Because by all measurable statistics, no matter how you crunch the numbers, Mike Trout had the best season in baseball. No matter what awards he loses, no matter how many critics unwittingly joust against WAR, wRC+, and [...]
Something very strange happened to me the other day. I was asked a question about the Yankees and I couldn’t answer it. It wasn’t as if I drew a blank and didn’t know the answer, I just couldn’t answer it with any certainty because I felt like I didn’t even care.
The person had [...]
I wanted to wait a little bit before following up on my post about the AL MVP race. A week from today, it looks increasingly likely that Miguel Cabrera will be named the AL MVP over Mike Trout, an objectively wrong decision by any definition of the award. If this is the case, [...]
The tragedy that has recently struck the Northeastern United States has made it difficult for me to write about the Yankees. Over the past week I’ve watched less sports than I have in years. Usually my television is glued to ESPN at a minimum, if it isn’t set to the most interesting sporting [...]
(The following is being syndicated from An A-Blog for A-Rod)
With 2012 serving as the latest example of why you can never ever have too much starting pitching, and the current group of young starters bringing more questions than answers to the table right now, re-signing Hiroki Kuroda has [...]
Ichiro Suzuki‘s arrival in pinstripes always seemed surreal, even as the playoffs came and went (too soon). Perhaps it was his performance that lent to the lasting feeling of disbelief. While it was easy to assume that leaving Safeco Field and the more-than-feeble Seattle offense for the greener pastures of Yankee Stadium and [...]
In case you don’t remember, it was a sunny Sunday afternoon in early June, the Yankees were finishing up a three-game series against the Detroit Tigers in Comerica Park and the pitching matchup was Justin Verlander vs. Phil Hughes.
The expectations weren’t high coming into the game considering [...]
An article in the Wall Street Journal last week caught my attention. Brian Costa writes about the contrast between crowds in Baltimore and New York,
For Orioles fans—and for the people here who had long since stopped identifying themselves as such—this was a reawakening. They hadn’t seen playoff baseball in 15 years, hadn’t [...]
As Yankee fans rub the sand out of their eyes this morning, many must be wondering if last night was a crazy dream. Did the moribund Yankee offense actually score 4 runs in an inning, much less the 9th? Did Raul Ibanez actually do it again? That’s not possible, right? And lastly the invincible Yankee [...]
Mike Trout is the most valuable player in the American League. Miguel Cabrera is not. This is as clear as it could possibly be, and is not a matter of opinion, but rather a objective, verifiable, mathematical fact. Another who argues otherwise either is a) defining ‘most valuable player’ in an illogical, arbitrary way b) has not seen [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees