While it doesn’t make much of a difference at the end of the year, playing around with the lineup is something we always like to contemplate. I’ve said it a thousand times, and I’m sure every other writer on the site has, too: the difference between an optimized lineup and a non-optimized lineup is very [...]
During the ninth inning of last night’s walk off win against the Orioles, the Yankees had a chance to win the game. It wasn’t that long ago, so I’m sure you can all remember it, but I’ll refresh your memories a little bit: Jorge Posada homered, Curtis Granderson doubled,
Marc Carig has more on the controversy du jour in Yankeeland:
In an attempt to break up a double play in the bottom of the seventh inning today, Nick Swisher slid into Twins second baseman Tsuyoshi Nishioka and brought him to the ground, where he lingered for a few minutes.
Just before Russell Martin struck out in the bottom of the 7th in Monday night’s game, Michael Kay said that it would be important this season for Joba Chamberlain to have success as a 7th-inning reliever because it would turn a game into only a six-inning affair. If you’re anything [...]
So far, the Yankees have generally hit the ball well. They’ve knocked a ton of homers out of the park and have done a good job putting early runs on the board. Building on those runs has been an issue, but that can be overcome rather quickly. An idea that some of us here at [...]
One of the more annoying things about Baseball is fans who approach it with what I call “The Football Mentality”. They think you play to win the game, every game and fail to see the big picture. Baseball is a long grind, and early in the season managers are often testing guys out [...]
(Photo from CBSNewYork)
In what was, for the most part, a pretty perfect Opening Day for the Yankees, the decision to have Brett Gardner bunt twice seemed to be the lone negative for Yankees fans. I have suggested on many an occasion that the “almost all bunts are bad” position that many fans [...]
Per RAB (via Jack Curry), the Yankees are wasting no time in deploying the platoon advantage at the top of their lineup, as Brett Gardner will get the nod against the righty Justin Verlander on Opening Day Thursday afternoon, with Derek Jeter sliding down to the two spot. [...]
I’m going to start this off with a message of hope: OPENING DAY IS THIS WEEK. We were just in the darkest stretch of the tunnel, but ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages, we can see the light. There are just two more Spring Training games, an off day, and then [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees