The Yankees took care of business in their biggest game of the season. Curtis Granderson didn’t start the game, but he emerged as the star going 3-for-3 with 5 RBI and his 35th homer of the season. As strong as Granderson’s performance was, the Yankees didn’t actually need it. Zach Britton [...]
I hate blaming umpires for a Yankee loss, but tonight’s firstbase umpire cost the Yankees one of the most important games of the year. The play above is the last play of the game. With a man on first and third, one out, 5-4, bottom of the ninth, Mark Teixeira hit a groundball. [...]
This had the makings of another annoyingly frustrating game for the Yankees even though it seemed like it could possibly be a cakewalk at first – something the Yankees haven’t had in a while.
After three full innings of scoreless baseball by both starters Wei-Yin Chin and Phil Hughes, the Yankees struck first [...]
Welp, we’re back to a tie in the AL East.
Tonight’s pitching was terrible. David Phelps gave up 5 runs, 4 in the first inning, through just 4.0 IP. He set a terrible tone for tonight’s game. Joba Chamberlain came in relief and allowed just one hit, though it was a [...]
Tonight could have been devastating. The Yankees could have potentially lost their AL East lead, and further, been swept by the Rays. Alas, the Yankees won and the Orioles lost, a great night compared to what we’ve been accustomed to lately.
Something had to go right to create a win tonight, and Hiroki [...]
The best we can hope for is that every subsequently loss from this team is the lowest point of the season. The Yankees have now lost 4 of their last 5 series, have only won 3 of their last 10 games, and are now tied with the Orioles in September, after once holding a 10 [...]
It feels like the Yankees always look terrible in Tropicana Field. We all hoped that would end entering this huge series, but it didn’t. Quite simply, when things could go wrong, they went wrong.
CC Sabathia did not look sharp today, but he doesn’t have to be sharp to be good. He gave [...]
This game was awful, so I’ll keep the recap short. Phil Hughes couldn’t hold on to a 3-1 lead after five innings. The Yankees managed only six hits on the day. The bullpen imploded, led by Joba Chamberlain and Derek Lowe, to make sure the game was completely out [...]
This felt like another one of those games. You know, the kind where the Yankees could not get anything going and the opposition’s luck was just better.
David Phelps walked the world or so it seemed and the Orioles once again were given an early lead. Phelps allowed a 1/3 of the batters [...]
Abysmal: Extremely bad; appalling
That’s the word I’d use for tonight’s loss to Baltimore. And thanks to that dreadful showing by the Yankees, their Division lead is down to two games.
Hiroki Kuroda didn’t help his own cause when he gave up two singles and a sac fly to start the second inning. [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
- 手機殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
- 手機外殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees