“Now, the real season begins…”
After the game, while speaking with Meredith Marakovits of the YES Network, Captain Derek Jeter expressed that sentiment after tonight’s 14-2 drubbing of the Boston Red Sox.
The game started off similarly to last night’s game with the Red Sox scoring first. This time, they scored one [...]
This game was so many different things: frustrating, annoying, nerve racking, exhilarating, deflating, frustrating again and finally, the best thing ever.
Let’s start with the frustrating aspects:
The Yankees scored four runs on 16 hits. They were 4-11 with runners in scoring position They left 14 men on base.
Those same things were annoying but [...]
This is exactly the game we all envisioned this afternoon when the Red Sox lineup was posted. The Yankees needed to beat up on a team that was trotting out six guys who were in Triple-A at one point in the season and who was without both Dustin Pedroia and Jacoby [...]
This post almost turned into a frustrated rant. Phil Hughes was awful, allowing eight hits and five runs in just 4.2 innings of work. And the Yankee offense came out of the gate slow. The Blue Jays entered the sixth inning with a five to one lead and it looked like the Yankees [...]
What is the one thing the Yankees cannot afford to do during this last weekend of the season? They cannot lose to bad teams and more specifically bad pitchers like Ricky Romero.
So what did they do this afternoon? Exactly that.
The Yankees started off strong with two runs in the first [...]
Now that we’re down to the final six games of the season, it’s all about keeping pace for the Yankees and they did that tonight with an 11-4 victory over the Blue Jays. With tonight’s victory they maintain their one-game lead over Baltimore in the American League East standings.
The best pitcher in the world, according to his own words, Ivan Nova, had another stellar outing tonight. Oh, did I say stellar? I actually meant another “s” word that I probably shouldn’t post on this blog so I’ll be nice (replace the “m” in smitty and you have that word).
Nova allowed [...]
How’s this for a stat? Courtesy of Aaron Gleeman of Hardball Talk: “Counting the playoffs the Twins are now 23-67 against the Yankees under Ron Gardenhire, including 15-32 at home.”
So when people make jokes about the Yankees owning the Twins, they’re pretty much spot on.
That theme continued today behind strong pitching [...]
The Yankees missed a golden opportunity to gain an even bigger lead over the Baltimore Orioles tonight. The O’s dropped a game to the Blue Jays while the Yankees and Twins were still in progress at Target Field.
In fact, the Yankees were leading the game when the Orioles lost so it seemed like they’d [...]
How’s this for interesting? Earlier this year, J.P. Arencibia of the Toronto Blue Jays said that the Yankees hit cheap homers. I know, it’s so shocking that an opposing player would complain about Yankee Stadium’s dimensions. That never happens. Anyway, tonight both the Yankees and Arencibia hit important home runs that may have [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Christina on Game Thread: Angels versus Yankees, Saturday July 14th
- walkfit platinum reviews on The TYA staff on the Yankees’ television and radio broadcast teams
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees