Today’s post is brought you by the number 35 and the letter M.
Hideki Matsui announced his retirement yesterday after 10 seasons in the Majors – seven of them with our New York Yankees – and I thought it would be fun to take a look back at his time in Pinstripes.
For this post, I chose to focus on [...]
Phil ‘The Scooter’ Rizzuto would have been 95 today, so I thought it would be fun to look back at some of his numbers and if you have any Scooter memories, you can leave them in the comments. Though to be honest, if you’re old enough to have seen him play, I’m impressed that you [...]
The Boston Red Sox and Philadelphia Phillies are sellers? The Pittsburgh Pirates, Oakland Athletics, and Baltimore Orioles have all been aggressively trying to upgrade their rosters for a playoff push? When the second wild card was implemented, [...]
Old Timer’s Day seems like an apt time for one of these, so lets jump right to it. Melky Cabrera has cooled off of late, seeing his league-leading average fall from .369 at its peak on June 19 to .350 today on a 8 for 38 (.210) streak. ESPN’s Ben Lindbergh looked at his [...]
6+ weeks of baseball in the books is a good enough sample dust this baby off for its maiden voyage, so let’s get right to it. Of course there will be some changes this year, most notably Jesus Montero and Hector Noesi from the blockbuster Yankees-Mariners trade this past winter. There will also be some [...]
Last time we looked at the recent ex-Yankees was already 3 weeks ago, Spring Training is flying by.
Jesus Montero- The former Yankee top prospect, and now Mariner top prospect is 11 for 36 in March, with 2 homeruns and 3 doubles. That’s good for a triple slash of .306/.366/.556. The 22 [...]
We’re only a few days into spring training games and there is already news and stats to catch up on our once beloved Yankees.
Jesus Montero- His debut with the Mariners started with a bang and boo-boo. The catcher hit a homerun in his first game, but also took two foul ball ricochets [...]
Since this is prospect week here at The Yankee Analysts, it is fitting that the discussion eventually makes its way to one of the biggest prospect busts in Yankee history, Brien Taylor, who turned 40 this past December. Unfortunately, the event that has brought Taylor back into the public eye is not a happy one. [...]
I guess this no longer qualifies as Yankee news, but AJ Burnett’s career for the Pittsburgh Pirates has gotten off to a rocky start. In what could only be described as an unfortunate fluke, Burnett fouled a ball into his face while practicing his bunting at Spring Training. The video is here, and [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- many dresses are especially for wedding or for other events2 on Chuck Johnson on Chase Whitley
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees