With Nick Swisher‘s contract expiring at the end of the 2012 season and no obvious internal replacement, the Yankees will have a tough decision to make this offseason about whether to retain the services of their 31 year-old right fielder. On the surface, retaining Swisher seems like an easy call. He has been [...]
The assumption has always been that it is only a matter of time and dollar bills before the Yankees and Robinson Cano come to an agreement that will keep the Yankee second baseman in pinstripes for the next several years. In terms of performance, Cano is the Yankee most deserving of a major [...]
The recently announced mega-extensions of Matt Cain and Joey Votto sent a bit of a shockwave through the conventional wisdom surrounding how often star players end up hitting the free agent market. William’s great post from yesterday got me thinking about the subject. I wanted to spend some time [...]
The business of baseball is very good, and one of the big reasons why is cable television. According to Forbes’ most recent look at the game’s economics, MLB’s 30 teams combined to earn net-revenue of over [...]
Professional baseball has grown rapidly in Korea over the past decade. While not on the level of the Japanese league, Korea probably has the 3rd most advanced professional baseball league outside of the United States. This is a great thing for baseball fans. Hopefully one day, Korean players will populate the ranks of MLB teams [...]
Hal Steinbrenner recently confirmed his intention to lower the Yankees’ payroll below the luxury tax threshold in 2014, setting off a flurry of reaction from the mainstream media and blogs alike. Aside from the simple [...]
For years now I’ve been forecasting the day when baseball GM’s (sports GM’s really, but baseball is the worst offender) rub their eyes, focus their vision, look around at the mess they’ve wrought and realize they’re a bunch of idiots wasting insane amounts money. Then Prince Fielder gets signed for $214 million to play at [...]
In case you missed it, Yankee president Randy Levine spoke to CBS Sports Jon Heyman in a piece published yesterday, where he clarified the 2014 payroll situation. He said “The plan contemplates (Robinson) Cano, (Curtis) Granderson and a full championship team”. That removes any doubt that the Yanks austerity plan would suddenly mean they [...]
The new bonus restrictions in the collective bargaining agreement promise to have a significant impact on the way the Yankees, and other teams, approach the draft. Previously, the Yankees had the freedom to use their financial resources to deal out overslot bonuses to players who dropped in the draft for various reasons. However, the new [...]
When news of Ryan Braun‘s failed PED test first broke, I quickly wrote a post proclaiming his failed test a black eye for the game. But I was hasty in my judgement. Those who posted in the comments section rightly pointed out that it wasn’t clear that Braun had failed the test, [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees