Any basketball fan or coach is familiar with the phenomenon where you watch a player on your team taking a ridiculously poor shot and exclaim something like, “What the hell are you…. good shot, good shot!” as the bad shot somehow swishes through the [...]
This news from Joel Sherman’s Twitter feed. The Yankees just acquired Eric Hinske from the Pirates for two minor leaguers who were termed by Sherman as being not “significant.” Hinske is a versatile 31 year-old who can put in time at 1b, 3b and OF. Hinske’s current line sits at .255, .373, .368 [...]
Wanger had a better outing last night and seems to finally be putting things together. Another story from last night, however, is the dominance that Phil Hughes appears to be exhibiting out of the bullpen. Once again, his fastball averaged 94mph, which is about 3mph faster than a typical start for him. He went two [...]
A few interesting stories worthy of debate and discussion today:
The noble fangraphs dissects a few of Mariano’s crucial statistics from this year. The good news is that his K/9 and bb/9 is the same or better than he’s ever been. The bad news is that his homers and swings & misses are way [...]
This breaking news from Pete Abe: struggling reliever Jose Veras was just DFA’ed to make room for Brian Bruney. I’m a little surprised by this, despite Veras’ difficulties because he does own that one tool that you can’t teach: he throws really hard. As Pete said, the Yanks were pretty proud for finding and [...]
Ted Keith wrote a column on CNNSI.com re: the above topic, which you can find here, and he pretty much makes an unholy mess of it. He writes this article like Jackson Pollock paints, hurling random cause after cause against the wall to see if anything sticks. At one point, he pretty much [...]
Lots of non-raves about the Yankees first day of picks. This from BA regarding their second round pick, John Murphy, “Scouts that we have talked to were mixed on his catching ability, and even if he can, why would the Yankees take yet another catcher?” Heathcott, the Yankees just seemed to be in love with, [...]
Love is not altogether a delirium, yet it has many points in common therewith.
We all love our farm systems. What’s not to love? Farm systems are like a new crush. You see all the potential, all the good stuff but none of the flaws. In the flush of [...]
Could this series be the end for the Tampa Bay Rays 2009 baseball season? The Yanks have a cozy 5 game lead at this point and a sweep would move the lead to an intimidating 9 games. A 3-1 split would still put the Rays a perilous 7 back. Why has Tampa struggled so much [...]
Joel Sherman wrote an insightful article today, pointing out how the Yankees stole a march from the Red Sox this off-season by acquiring Mark Teixeira from under their collective noses. This victory is made particularly sweet when you take into account the epic struggles of their once mighty superstar David Ortiz.
Clearly the Sox must [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
- 手機殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
- 手機外殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees