I alluded to the Yankees sticking to the script last game, but this game was pure Hollywood tonight. How many dramatic, come from behind, walk off wins can a team have in one season? Down 3-1 in the ninth, facing the great Joe Nathan and Alex Rodriguez, of all people, blasts a 2-run bomb to [...]
Here’s my question of the day for you guys. If it all winds up going south, who will take out the Yankees and why? I’d expect there to be a wide variance of opinion on this one. Originally, I feared that the Cardinals might have the right mix to beat the Bombers. they Have two [...]
I can’t believe I’m focusing on the one glaring negative of an otherwise brilliant victory, but what the heck happened to the crowd at Yankee Stadium last night? The very first playoff game in new Yankees Stadium history, the first playoff game since the Yankees missed out on the postseason in 2008, the first playoff [...]
No surprises, here, folks. As unpredictable as baseball can be sometimes, game 1 couldn’t have been much more predictable.
Big Bad Yankees bludgeon scrappy Twins into submission.
The kids from Minnesota got off to a great start, scoring two runs in the third off of three straight singles and a passed ball that [...]
Twins 6 Tigers 5 (12). 12 innings?? Are you kidding me? The Twins have completely blown out their bullpen. They have to jump on a plane to play the Yanks at 6:07pm? The Yankees don’t have to face Verlander or Porcello? Nor will they have to face the monster, Mornear? Are you kidding me? Could [...]
7th inning, Twins up 9-4 now. This would be the best case scenario for the Yanks, forcing the Tigers to burn Jackson and wearing out the Twins already exhausted pen. How excited are you guys for this? Here’s the gamecast link: http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2009_10_04_kcamlb_minmlb_1
Very interesting post, here, by Bill Wellman from Dugout Central utilizing four different metrics to attempt to predict which team is most likely to win the World Series. He uses Bullpen WPA, Isolated Power, League-Indexed FIP, and UZR, reasoning that the four most important factors for postseason success are the bullpen’s ability to hold [...]
Great article, here, by Jon Heyman of CNN/SI on the 30 best moves in baseball this season. It’s a great list for debate and sparks my question: what are the most important moves by the Yankees this year? Maybe everyone could chime in with their top 5 and we’ll see if there’s general agreement [...]
“Momentum? Momentum is the next day’s starting pitcher.“
– Earl Weaver
The Yankees have been playing out the string for a week now, and much of the talk you read floating around the blogosphere and you hear around talk radio is about momentum. Who’s hot going into the playoffs? Who’s limping into the postseason? [...]
Do I know for sure what the heck is going on with Joba Chamberlain? No. Let’s get that out of the way before I pretend that I can actually predict with any strong degree of certainty, what the young man is going to throw from start to start. That being said, however, I just happen [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Christina on Game Thread: Angels versus Yankees, Saturday July 14th
- walkfit platinum reviews on The TYA staff on the Yankees’ television and radio broadcast teams
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees