My gut instinct, upon looking at the schedule, was to dig in my heels against it. I had heard, as most of you have, the famous 4.65 ERA statistic for pitchers on 3 days rest since the wildcard era began (see here – prior to 2009). A closer examination of that arguments, however, shows [...]
It’s very clear, from the media reaction today, that the weather postponement of last night’s game will have the classic positive/negative/no effect on the Yankees chances to advance to the World Series. Apparently, nothing encourages random, baseless speculation like a rainout, folks! So let’s look at what people are saying and throw [...]
As a fan, streaky hitters are one of the most aggravating facets of baseball. It seems inexplicable how a guy can carry a team one month and be an anchor the next. Nick Swisher, right now, is an absolute anchor. It’s come to the point where the Angels will walk every hitter before him to [...]
I agree and disagree with Steve’s article. I agree that Joe is getting way too much flack about previous moves that clearly have worked out. I disagree about the Robertson move, however. Joe not only miscalculated the matchup (debatable) but he also completely ignored what his eyes told him about the form of his [...]
We all know that CC Sabathia has the body, the rubber arm and the attitude to be successful on 3 days rest. We all remember that he did it with the Brewers last year with success, but what are his actual statistics on short rest? Is there any chink in his armor that might forebode [...]
I was listening to Buck Showalter on the Michael Kay Show the other day and, much as I love Buck from his tenure as Yankee manager, he said something that didn’t seem right to me. Upon being pressed by Kay for a prediction, he wound up reluctantly picking the Angels in 7 games. This [...]
Thus goes the great line from the cult classic (does it qualify as a cult classic?) Highlander. The same motif applies for this World Series. So what’s the deal with these deluded Angels fans saying that their side is a “team of destiny”. Huh? Everyone knows that the YANKEES are the team of destiny. There [...]
I keep using the word magic to describe this team, but with all the alliterative P’s in play tonight, I couldn’t help but feel this victory was pure poetry. How fitting is it that, the night the Yankees move on to the ALCS, they have to go through Carl Pavano, of all people? The American [...]
I was going to break down the pitching matchups for game 3, but John Flaherty does a brilliant job on the lohud blog, here, that I couldn’t possibly hope to match. To sum up: Pettitte’s done a great job of pitching to both sides of the plate, but needs to hit spots and can’t [...]
Once upon a time, there was a great king of a distant land called Minnesota. He stood on top of a high hill, he could make smoke come out of his hands and his name was Santana. The people from Boston, New York and Los Angeles all wanted Santana to come and become King [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees