Andy Pettitte goes for the coup de grace this afternoon, with the Mets reeling (lost 5 of 6) and the Yanks rolling (won 7 of 9). A Yankee win and a Rays loss (@Miami-Shields vs Sanchez) will give Yanks sole possession of 1st place for the first time this season.
Andy is 8-5 with a [...]
Phil Hughes is a mirror image of the Yankee offense these days. The Yanks seem to score most of their runs via the long ball, and Hughes seems to only allow runs if they leave the park. Sir Phillip of Hughes (6-5 4.76 ERA) was stellar last night, pitching 6 1/3 innings of 2 run [...]
Phil Hughes looks to keep rolling tonight facing the crosstown rival Mets.
Here’s your lineups from Chad over at LoHud:
Derek Jeter SS
Curtis Granderson CF
Alex Rodriguez DH
Robinson Cano 2B
Mark Teixeira 1B
Raul Ibanez LF
Nick Swisher RF
Eric Chavez 3B
Russell Martin C
Johan Santana was going for his 2nd straight no-hitter to tie Johnny VanDerMeer’s record, but that wouldn’t last for long. In the 2nd inning he gave up a leadoff walk to Alex Rodriguez, and then Robinson Cano quickly ended the hitless streak when he launched the first of his two 2-Run HRs on the night, [...]
It’s Star Wars night at CoMerica Park. Why? I have no idea. Maybe the Tigers are picking up where Larry Lucchino left off and trying to paint the Yankees as the Evil Empire (BTW-a monicker I fully embrace)
What I do know is that Hiroki Kuroda is facing a Tigers team that has lost 4 [...]
Mets fans have waited a long time for the game they saw last night at CitiField. 8,019 games and 52 years to be exact. In the interim, they had 6 no-hitters pitched against them, 35 1-hitters pitched for them and seemingly countless ex-Mets (Ryan, Seaver, Gooden, Cone, Humber, etc) pitch no-no’s and perfect games either [...]
They say that momentum in baseball is tomorrow’s starting pitcher. That theory will get a test today as Phil Hughes, who is 3-1 with a 2.81 ERA in his past 4 starts facing a red-hot Angels team that has won 6 in a row. But the Angels have done it with pitching, scoring 26 runs [...]
….we need the one we that we already have to get his act together. No excuses for Kuroda today. He’s facing the American League’s worst offense, in a pitcher’s ballpark, against a team that has lost 8 of its last 11 games. The Yankee lineup won’t have an easy task, they’ll be facing Tommy Malone [...]
6+ weeks of baseball in the books is a good enough sample dust this baby off for its maiden voyage, so let’s get right to it. Of course there will be some changes this year, most notably Jesus Montero and Hector Noesi from the blockbuster Yankees-Mariners trade this past winter. There will also be some [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- many dresses are especially for wedding or for other events2 on Chuck Johnson on Chase Whitley
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees