Following up on my post from yesterday, we have a Joel Sherman piece this morning that explores the possibility of the Yanks trading for the Diamondback star Right Fielder. He confirms some items that we’ve heard elsewhere. The Yanks have checked in on him, he’s very much on the outs in Arizona, and Joel comes [...]
The Yanks turn to California native Phil Hughes to avoid losing 3 straight to the suddenly red hot A’s. Oakland is 12-2 in their last 14 and they send (what else) another rookie to the mound tonight, this time hard throwing righty Jarrod Parker. Parker is 6-4 on the year with a 3.16 ERA. Parker [...]
With the July 31st trade deadline looming, the Yankees have been suspiciously quiet. Is this Brian Cashman in his patented Ninja mode? Or should we take his recent comments at face value, that he’s happy with the team as currently constructed and feels no need to do anything. From a negotiating standpoint, it [...]
I never quite know what to make of Oakland A’s pitchers. So many of them put up big numbers on an annual basis that its easy to think Billy Beane is some sort of genius when it comes to scouting young arms. But that ballpark is so pitcher-friendly that it makes it easy for those [...]
Remember when the Yanks couldn’t beat the Angels? Our own newly acquired trade acquisition Stacy Gotsulias (as part of the Eric Shultz deal with RAB) was wondering just that yesterday, and here’s my thoughts on the topic. The Angels manager garnered that monicker from the national media largely by beating what were viewed as vastly [...]
There were many culprits in last night’s Yankee loss, from the ugly Yankee defense to Phil Hughes to Felix Dubront settling down and pitching beautifully after a rocky 1st. But the turning point clearly was the 7th inning, when the Yankee manager called on a certain righty recently brought back from being demoted to AAA. [...]
Sox are red, violets are blue. Manny, Pedro, Youkilis where are you? I thought no game was over in Fenway park, but that AAA lineup Bobby V fielded this afternoon looked pretty dead out there after falling behind 4-0. What has become of this so-called rivalry? It seems more of a NESN creation than reality [...]
Old Timer’s Day seems like an apt time for one of these, so lets jump right to it. Melky Cabrera has cooled off of late, seeing his league-leading average fall from .369 at its peak on June 19 to .350 today on a 8 for 38 (.210) streak. ESPN’s Ben Lindbergh looked at his [...]
It started out well enough for Adam Warren last night. He struck out the first MLB batter he faced in DeAza, and then got Kevin Youlikis to pop out in foul territory. But it all went downhill from there. He walked the next two batters he faced, then escaped further trouble with a Alex Rios [...]
When you have a lineup like the Yankees do, as a fan I always feel like they’re still in the game no matter what the deficit. We saw proof of that on an April night in Boston, and falling behind 5-0 in the first inning facing Mets starter Jon Niese with the worst bullpen [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees