The 21012 New York Yankee team has been very streaky. All teams are to some extent, but in the past two months this group has won 9 of 11 (7/4 to 7/18) and 7 of 8 (8/8 to 8/15). In that same time frame they have put together losing streaks of 7 of 10 twice [...]
In the wake of the mega-deal that sent Adrian Gonzalez, Josh Beckett, Carl Crawford and Nick Punto from the Red Sox to the Dodgers, a question popped up immediately in the minds of many Yankee fans, myself included. The Dodgers seem to have no regard for future obligations with their deep pocketed new ownership group. [...]
..and Cleveland, sort of. But no one could have ever done more to help a Yankee rival than the Dodgers did last night. As I’m sure you know, the Dodgers and Red Sox made a blockbuster deal that effectively has given the Sox a get out of payroll jail free pass and granted them absolution [...]
Its been a long time since the Sox were this far back on this late a date. The manager is getting heat from his two best players, Beckett and Lester can’t get anyone out, Big Papi is hurt, and they’re maxed out financially so there doesn’t appear to be any major moves on the horizon. [...]
First the good news on Ivan Nova. Believe it or not, he’s taken a big leap forward this year with some of his peripherals. His 20.5 K% this season is a big improvement over last year’s 13.9% rate. His Walk rate is down from 8.1% in 2011 to 7.1% this year. Looking at those numbers, [...]
After a performance like yesterday, its easy for Yankee fans to dream about what Felix Hernandez would look like in pinstripes. He utterly dominated one of the league’s best offensive teams (Yanks 4th in Runs scored) and turned the NY lineup into something akin to the Seattle Mariners (2nd worst in the AL). As we [...]
Not literally of course, but the Yanks have some big time payback owed to one Felix Hernandez. As I’m sure you recall, on July 25th at Safeco Field the King of Seattle had a stretch where he hit 3 of the 5 Yankee batters he faced. The final HBP broke Alex Rodriguez’s hand and [...]
Heres your lineup from Lohud:
Looks like Girardi wants to prove he can beat the Sox with half his team, and he probably can. Go Yanks!
Last night illustrates why I think the Yanks would be well served to consider trading Phil Hughes this off season, should the right deal present itself. I’m not talking about dumping him, but if I have a choice between building a deal around Phil or Ivan Nova, I’m doing the Hughes package even if it [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees