It wasn’t the prettiest win of the season and it got a little scary late in the game but the Yankees were able to hold off the Blue Jays and complete a three-game sweep.
Phil Hughes had an odd outing. He only lasted five innings – throwing 102 pitches, gave up four runs [...]
As I sit here watching the wind whip around and the skies turn into a threatening color of dark gray, I think about Andy Pettitte. Pettitte had been out for nearly three months following an ankle fracture at the hands of a Casey Kotchman line drive back in June. But if [...]
I apologize in advance for the not-so-clever Ivan Nova cliche but it must be said. Nova was super today. In his first outing since August 21, Nova pitched into the seventh inning surrendering only two earned runs – one was a Luke Scott single given up by
Let’s play a game of good news/bad news, shall we?
Good news: Derek Jeter is still hitting well.
Bad news: He struck out to end the game.
Good news: The Yankees scored four runs – look, it’s better than the two they mustered last night.
Bad news: CC Sabathia also gave up [...]
Prior to tonight’s game, Phil Hughes had been terrible at Fenway Park. It’s the ballpark he’s had the most trouble in so far in his career. So, of course, Hughes would come out and lead the Yankees to a 2-0 win over the Red Sox.
Hughes pitched into the eighth inning, [...]
You know what would be delightful? An easy game. But no, the Yankees don’t ever allow their fans to sit through easy games anymore. Their fans always have to be sitting in their living rooms or at their computers, watching the ninth inning through their fingers.
Curtis Granderson was the hitting star of [...]
There’s a reason the Boston Red Sox are in last place. They’re terrible, horrible, no good and very bad. The Red Sox hadn’t won in like two months – okay, that’s an exaggeration but still the Yankees should be beating teams that are this bad.
The Yankees, as usual, had issues with runners [...]
This is the story of how I wound up appearing in the HBO documentary “Nine Innings From Ground Zero,” which was shot in early 2004, premiered later that year and is now shown yearly around the 9/11 anniversary.
Everything happened very quickly. One minute, I was writing a post about being a rabid [...]
This had the makings of another annoyingly frustrating game for the Yankees even though it seemed like it could possibly be a cakewalk at first – something the Yankees haven’t had in a while.
After three full innings of scoreless baseball by both starters Wei-Yin Chin and Phil Hughes, the Yankees struck first [...]
This felt like another one of those games. You know, the kind where the Yankees could not get anything going and the opposition’s luck was just better.
David Phelps walked the world or so it seemed and the Orioles once again were given an early lead. Phelps allowed a 1/3 of the batters [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees