[I wrote this post after Friday's lost and Moshe agreed I should post it here]
1) Today’s loss is as much on the offense leaving the bases loaded with no one out and not scoring as it is on the bullpen, and
2) This is NOT a post about what ails Joba.
As we approach the halfway point of the season, we’ve come to a point where we can evaluate Yankee players and their seasons, and there are four players that stick out to me in terms of being possible/probable All Stars, based on the statistics they’ve put forth this season.
Jeter, and perhaps Teixeira, will probably [...]
(This post is by Bex, you may know here as @rebexarama, or as my co-writer at You Can’t Predict Baseball.
In early August 2009, after all the elation had subsided from that fantastic four-game series when the Yankees swept the Red Sox, I started thinking of, of all things, Mike Mussina. There was [...]
I posted this originally on This Purist Bleeds Pinstripes, but am reposting it here in hopes that it might actually spur some discussion. Hope you enjoy.
A few weeks ago, I posed a question on Twitter: Is it too early to dub 2010 the Year of the Pitcher (redux, II, the sequel, or [...]
From our friends at NoMaas, I want you to take a look at this graphic
Peruse it, think about it, and come back here when you figure out what everyone has in common.
You know the common complaint, that the Yankees buy their World Series, and all of that, and yet we have [...]
It’s an odd time in Yankee land.
For one thing, Brett Gardner has a higher slugging percentage than Mark Teixeira.
For another, right now, the Yankees’ worst starter is…CC Sabathia, their number one starter. Yes, I know Javier Vazquez has a higher ERA, but in a world of what-have-you-done-for-me-lately, Vazquez has pitched to an ERA [...]
“Well Suzyn, you know, you just can’t predict baseball”
As Yankee fans, how many times have we heard John Sterling utter those words?
They’ve become something of a mantra, something to repeat any time something odd happens, like when Daisuke Matsuzaka takes a no-hitter into the eighth or when Mariano Rivera gives up a grand [...]
A baseball team cannot blow eighth inning leads three games in a row and expect to win the majority of those games. It cannot.
If CC Sabathia pitches your team seven innings of one run ball, and your team has scored five runs, there is utterly no reason that that game should be lost.
(the following originally appeared on my blog here last night)
I don’t always watch the postgame show. Most of what I care about–manager and player quotes–are picked up on by the beat writers, but after a win like tonight’s, I kept YES on while I made gleeful and petulant comments on Twitter.
Girardi’s postgame [...]
There is no possible way I can sum up this game. None. So take a look at this graph. It’s shiny.
Okay, bullet points:
1) Phil Hughes had his first not good outing, even though he left the game with a lead. Basically, he didn’t have a ‘finish’ pitch working, and [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees