Count me among the Yankee fans who were thrilled when Andy Pettitte came back in 2012. One of the low points of my Yankee fan career was watching Pettitte put on an Astros uniform from 2004 through 2006. I was certain Pettitte was one of the Yankees who would play his entire career [...]
Cap Anson played primarily for the team that would go on to become the Chicago Cubs in the late 19th century. He was one of the premier players of his era. To modern era eyes his most notable on field accomplishments are his 3,435 hits, his 2,075 RBI and his .334/.394/.447 slash line. [...]
This has been an unusual Yankee offseason. The past few years the Yankees have spoiled their fans with big news during the winter months. In 2008/09 it was the signing of CC Sabathia, A.J. Burnett and Mark Teixeira. In 2010 it was the acquisition of Curtis Granderson [...]
When the Yankees acquired Ichiro Suzuki mid-way through the 2012 season I was unimpressed. Suzuki is a star who had played his entire career to that point in Seattle, so there was considerable fanfare after the deal was completed, but this wasn’t the Ichiro of old, the perennial 200 hit machine with a [...]
New York has never had a shortage of sports writers who have predicted the demise of Derek Jeter over the last decade. The sports writers have always been proven wrong. I’m no different. After the 2010 season I was openly declaring that Jeter was done, and that the Yankees should retain his services [...]
Brett Gardner has the exact profile of a Yankee fan favorite. He’s home grown. He plays hard every day. He’s a bit of an underdog because his skill set is undervalued in today’s game. He had a breakout season in 2010 when he hit .277/.383/.379 and managed a 112 wRC+ while swiping 47 [...]
To any Yankee fan the perils of paying too much money on aging players are obvious. Alex Rodriguez is the ultimate example of the dead weight that can wind up on a team’s payroll from these large contracts, and Mark Teixeira isn’t far behind. Within the Yankees own clubhouse
Perhaps the most shocking development so far this offseason was the failure to retain the services of Russell Martin. Martin hasn’t exactly put our warm memories of Jorge Posada‘s bat to sleep, but he gave the Yankees two respectable seasons behind the dish. That’s why it was surprising when the Pirates [...]
The announcement that Alex Rodriguez will need to have surgery on his left hip and could be out at least until the middle of the 2013 season was an eye-opener for me. Suddenly, it is clear to me that A-Rod is done even if no one wants to admit it yet. His last [...]
The Hall of Fame released its 2013 ballot recently, and it reads like a who’s who of the greatest players of the 1990′s. The most important player on the list is Barry Bonds, statistically speaking the greatest hitter since Ted Williams and arguably the greatest ever, but Roger [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees