Friend and colleague of mine, Larry Koestler, wrote a great article regarding A.J. Burnett earlier today. After examining each third of Burnett’s 2011 season Larry concluded that perhaps there was potential room for optimism. He writes:
I don’t know that the answer to the A.J. conundrum is as simple as “he needs [...]
Thanks for all of your submissions, folks. Please keep them coming; we’ll certainly address each email as quickly as possible! To submit a question, simply click the “Contact Us” tab under the site’s banner and send us your thoughts. Today’s question involves some serious offseason roster reconstruction.
“Everybody has accepted that Derek Jeter’s [...]
Be sure to join Matthew Kory and me this Thursday (11/3 at 3:30 PM EST) for the first TYA Live Chat of the offseason. Matt is an excellent baseball writer and and an even better guy; he also happens to write for Over The Monster, the premier destination of all things Red Sox. We’ll [...]
It hasn’t even been a week since the postseason officially came to a end, and already excitement over the Hot Stove is in full force. This offseason will be no different from prior years as elite free agents will surely continue to grab the headlines. Ludicrous trade proposals, driven by the inherent optimism and [...]
The Yankees wasted no time in beginning their offseason work. Yesterday, New York reached an agreement with rotation ace, CC Sabathia. Today, the club finalized a new three year contract with Senior Vice President and General Manager, Brian Cashman.
At age 44, Cashman is entering his fourth straight three-year pact with the organization. Incredibly, [...]
Be sure to join Matthew Kory and me this Thursday (11/3 at 3:30 PM EST) for the first TYA Live Chat of the offseason. Matt is an excellent baseball writer and and an even better guy; he also happens to write for Over The Monster, the premier destination of all things Red Sox. We’ll be discussing a variety of hot topics [...]
One of my favorite baseball bloggers, Jonah Keri, is in the process of writing (what I assume to be) another fantastic book which is scheduled for release in 2014. He’ll be focusing in on the history of the Montreal Expos — a team I often find myself rather awestruck by, given the plethora [...]
The postseason is an elitist’s party, no doubt about it. A select few are invited and only one can be lucky enough to steal the limelight. Yankee fans have joined the ranks of the disgruntled as St. Louis prepares to host the Rangers in the World Series (the Allstar game counts folks!). If you’re like [...]
As weird as it is to imagine, there’s a very real possibility that Jorge Posada will no longer be an active member of the Yankees come spring training. As bizarre as it sounds, the Core Four by that point, could have been reduced to the Core Two. Although Jorge hasn’t officially hung the spikes [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
- Evon Znidarsic on Teixeira MRI Update, Babe Ruth Pitching In Pinstripes, And Jeter’s Gift Baskets
- Sacramento PC Repair on Yanks finally sign non-Yankee free agent in Russell Martin
- Multitech-Info.Com.pl on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- adult toys for women glass on Ladies and Gents, we now have a formula for winning in October
- monster beats tour on Midseason Prospect Rankings
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees