The Yankees are 6 games up on the American League East title despite having to reinvent their bullpen and starting rotation several times. They have allowed the third fewest runs in the American League, scored the fourth-most runs, and have the second best run differential in the league, behind only the Texas Rangers. And despite [...]
I let out more than a few expletives yesterday. One minute, I was finding out that C.C. Sabathia was heading to the disabled list for a short stay, and on the next I hear about Andy Pettitte’s broken ankle. Almost instantly, the Yankees lost their dual aces, and replaced them with a struggling Triple-A B [...]
Normally, the first half of the short-season minor leagues is pretty boring. A lot of top prospects didn’t sign until mid-August. Rookie ball teams are mostly staffed with high school draftees from the previous year and young Latin American prospects. Short-season A ball team are mostly composed of mid-level college picks, and sometimes a few [...]
Because the Yankees did not sign Sam Stafford last year, they held two second-round picks in this year’s draft. With their second pick (89th overall), the Yankees selected University of Miami senior Peter O’Brien.
O’Brien has quite a few quirks in his biography and scouting report. At 6’5″ 225 lbs, he’s very big for a [...]
Kevin Goldstein pretty much sums up my reaction:
And Jim Callis:
The Yankees haven’t made (and signed) a consensus 1st round selection in a long time. The last is probably Slade Heathcott, or, if you really want to be conservative, Ian Kennedy in 2006. Ty Hensley is a perfectly conventional, highly-touted, high-ceiling high school arm. [...]
Its that time again. Three days from now, the Yankees will add 30-40 young baseball players into their organization. Before that happens, it is appropriate that we take stock of the Yankee farm system, so that we may better understand the Yankee draft and signing strategy.
Below are my Top-20 prospect rankings. I usually rank [...]
The 2012 amateur draft is just one week away. Draft day is my favorite baseball day of the year, because I get 20-30 new prospects to start thinking and writing about. We’ll be providing you extensive coverage here at TYA on draft day and immediately thereafter. Eric is planning some pre-draft analysis as well.
Tyler Austin hasn’t hit a home run in his last 10 games. Instead, he’s just hit a pedestrian .452/.540/.595, raising his average all the way to .323. His walk rate has significantly increased in the month of May, even as his strikeouts have remained elevated. He’s even chipped in on the bases with 7 stolen [...]
Mark Montgomery is putting on quite the display in the minor leagues right now. Since signing quickly after the 2011 draft, Mark Montgomery has pitched 50 innings in the minor leagues. He has a robust 1.62 ERA, slightly below average 3.6 BB/9, and has still yet to allow a home run. But the real story [...]
Who is the best Yankee pitcher at the moment? Over the last three weeks, the answer is probably C.C. Sabathia. However, Phil Hughes really isn’t all that far behind. Over his last 4 starts, Hughes has pitched 25 2/3 innings (6.4 per start) with an ERA of 2.80. During that time, he has 23 strikeouts [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees