Chad Jennings: Another season for Andy?
September, and the expanded rosters that come with it, is just ten days away. The Yankees are a banged up team, piecing together strong performances out of a range of bench and platoon players. This will let up some when Alex Rodriguez, C.C. Sabathia, and Andy Pettitte return, and Mark Teixeira gets healthy, but the [...]
David Adams is hitting again. He looked to be on the fast track for the majors until a severe ankle injury ended his 2010 season after just 39 games. A standout hitter and second baseman at UVA, Adams had done nothing but hit since becoming an adult. He was hitting .309/.393/.507 for Double-A Trenton at [...]
145. The minor league stolen base record, set by Vince Coleman in A ball. Ricky Henderson holds the MLB record, with 130 stolen bases in 1982. Reds prospect Billy Hamilton currently sits at 139 stolen bases in 113 games. Barring an injury, Hamilton is almost certain to break the record before the season ends.
Manuel Banuelos’ season is over. He will be shut down, with hopes of pitching a few innings in winter ball. Banuelos had been rehabbing a series of problems in his left elbow since May. He pitched just 20 innings in 2012.
Banuelos was still one of the youngest players at Triple-A, and showing [...]
Tyler Austin is the biggest story this year in the Yankee system, without much question. His breakout has been real and powerful, and he is a now a solid top-50 prospect in all of baseball. But I think that a number of stories are flying under the radar right now. The most under-the-radar-y, and in [...]
The other night, I was watching the San Francisco Giants game on MLB Network. George Kontos was on the mound. And all of the sudden, Justin Christian entered the game. Sitting on the bench was Joaquin Arias, who will always have the distinction as the guy who the Rangers picked over Robinson Cano in the [...]
The Yankee bench has been incredibly productive this year. We’ve all seen Andruw Jones, Eric Chavez, and Raul Ibanez hit as well or better than anyone could have expected of them. Nix, Wise, and Stewart haven’t been as good, but no one is complaining as long as the Yankees are in first place. During the [...]
I love Kevin Goldstein’s Twitter feed. He’s conversational, blunt, and isn’t afraid to say what he feels. This caught my eye last Thursday:
I really, really hate the term “#1 starter.” I think its a useless thing to say, because it doesn’t mean a thing. At any given time, there are at [...]
Last week, Tyler Austin, Gary Sanchez, and Mason Williams were promoted from Low-A Charleston to High-A Tampa. All three had been hitting the cover off the ball in Charleston, progressing on defense, and playing against older, more experienced opponents. Thus, all three duly earned spots on Baseball America’s mid season top prospects list. [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees