Yesterday, I pointed out that Nick Johnson might be experiencing some bad luck, as his BABIP is extremely low while his line drive rate is solid. Thanks to Lin, we should also add to this argument the fact that his K% is uncharacteristically high. Johnson’s current K% is 34.3% – the second [...]
According to Donnie Collins (props to RAB), with Curtis Granderson on the disabled list the Yankees are set to recall outfield prospect (goodbye, Mark Melancon), Greg Golson, from Scranton/Wilkes-Barre. Golson is currently hitting .253/.289/.430 in Triple-A, and is a career .263/.307/.396 minor-leaguer. While he isn’t much with a bat, he does offer [...]
Via Ben Shpigel of the NY Times:
After pitching poorly in four of his five starts for the Yankees this season, Javier Vazquez will have his next outing pushed back. Instead of pitching Friday night in Boston, Vazquez is scheduled to start Monday night in Detroit.
“We’ve got to find a way to get [...]
Via Terry Foster of the Detroit News:
Tigers rookie center fielder Austin Jackson only thinks about one thing every day he comes to the ballpark.Relax.
That’s why he makes playing center field look so easy. That’s why he leads the major leagues with 40 hits and is second in batting average (.367). And it’s why [...]
Yesterday, against the ChiSox, Nick Johnson finally drove in a few runs (although that’s not really his job, per se, as he is mainly in the two-hole to get on base). Though he was only 1-for-4 and ended the day with a triple slash line of .141/.368/.234, one thing that was noticeable was that [...]
According to FanGraphs, a “clutch score” measures “how much better or worse a player does in high leverage situations than he would have done in context neutral situations.” Therefore, one can do extremely well in “neutral” (low-leverage) situations, and perform admirably in high leverage situations, yet their performance in high leverage situations isn’t [...]
Here’s an interesting comparison via Jon Heyman of Sports Illustrated:
That [Ryan] Howard received $2 million more than [Mark] Teixeira also seems about right under the circumstances. Teixeira has a more diverse set of skills, is slightly younger and signed in New York as a free agent, but he couldn’t make a [...]
Nick Swisher appears especially excited about his new batting stance. In fact, Swisher is so excited; he seems to be swinging a lot more this season, trying to hit balls in the zone and balls out of the zone. So far, Swisher’s O-Swing percentage is 26.1%, while his career mark is 17.6%. Relative to [...]
Here’s some pitchFX data, via FanGraphs, on Javier Vazquez, detailing the horizontal movement on his pitches.
The peach colored rows represent league averages. Though Vazquez is largely above average (not to a great degree, but above average nonetheless) with each pitch, except for his slider, notice the [...]
Prior to last night’s game, on the season, Mark Teixeira has hit .119/.280/.254.
Against right-handers, Teixeira has hit .109/.281/.217. Here’s pitchFX data of those 46 at-bats.
Teixeira is a switch-hitter, so notice how most pitches have been away. He hasn’t hit those pitches, obviously.
Against left-handers, Teixeira has hit .143/.280/.333. Here’s pitchFX [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees