According to batting average on balls in play (BABIP), Yankees slugger, Mark Teixeira, is currently the unluckiest first baseman in baseball (with 140 plate appearances or more). Though his career BABIP is a healthy .305, Teixeira’s season number is significantly lower than that, sitting at .202. Examining his other statistics this year, there [...]
Let’s check in on Nick Swisher for a moment, shall we? Specifically, let’s take a look at his defense on the year. In 2009, Swisher posted a -2.6 UZR/150 (-1.5 UZR) in his first season as the Yankees’ full-time right fielder. It was an average line, although I’m sure many Yankee fans had [...]
If you’ve watched most of the Yankees’ games this year, the spray chart below probably isn’t much of a surprise.
Whenever Gardner gets a hit, most of the time he finds a way to slap the ball to left field, just over the head of the third baseman, or he [...]
Lately, it seems like everyone is talking about the bat of catcher Francisco Cervelli, who has filled in admirably – an understatement, I know – for Jorge Posada during his recent absence (brought on by a mild calf strain). On the season, Cervelli has hit an absurd .429/.500/.500, with 12 RBI. Obviously, that’s [...]
Here’s something I wrote regarding Phil Hughes back in early February:
In 2009, working primarily as Mariano Rivera’s setup man, Hughes’ fastball averaged 93.7 mph. In 2008, as a starter, Hughes’ velocity averaged nearly 3 mph less at 91.2 mph. The noticeable uptick in velocity can help to explain the changes in Hughes’ [...]
In the 5th inning of today’s game, which is still underway, Marcus Thames pinch-hit for the Yankees’ designated hitter, Nick Johnson. In the 6th inning, we learned that Johnson had been pulled due to a “sore right wrist.” Now, this could be a big problem for the Yankees given that Johnson played in 38 games [...]
Here’s an interesting bit of text via Bryan Hoch from early March:
The goal is to cut out the movement of Johnson’s back foot in the box, which should help him generate power.
“I’m just trying not to drift, trying to be more direct,” Johnson said. “I’m working on turning my back foot. [...]
Are there tough times ahead for the Yankees’ fifth starter, Phil Hughes?
Well, not exactly, however, given a few of his underlying numbers on the season, it does seem as though Hughes is bound to regress a bit going forward. For example, Hughes currently sports a 1.44 ERA, but his FIP is [...]
On the season, Brett Gardner, the Yankees’ speedy left fielder, is batting a very impressive .346/.430/.432. Even with an abnormally high BABIP of .382, Gardner’s fleet-footed ways will allow him to maintain a BABIP close to .320-.330 or so, meaning that his numbers won’t completely flat line with a regression. He could still end the [...]
Via the indispensable Bryan Hoch of MLB.com:
Yankees left-hander Andy Pettitte was forced to leave his start against the Orioles on Wednesday with what an MRI examination revealed to be mild inflammation of his pitching elbow.The Yankees said that Pettitte will be treated conservatively and evaluated on a daily basis. Pettitte completed just [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
- 手機殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
- 手機外殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees