Over their last 15 games, the Yankees are 5-10.
Obviously, the team has hit a rough stretch offensively, one that can be connected, in part, to the team’s bevy of injuries. However, with that said, though much of the collective slump is predicated upon a wide-sweeping offensive malaise, the Yankees’ starting pitching, which [...]
On the season, Derek Jeter has amassed a first pitch strike percentage of 63.6% (the number is based on first pitches that are thrown for strikes, as well as the number of first pitches Jeter swings at). To Yankee fans, that rate is probably surprising in that it is so low. Based on [...]
Mark Teixeira, the Yankees’ powerful first baseman, has been horrendous this season. As he slumped last month, hitting .136 while posting an anemic .559 OPS, many attributed his poor performance to historically identifiable early season struggles. “Tex always looks bad in April,” pursed through the lips of seemingly every Yankee fan as they attempted [...]
Last night, although CC Sabathia, the Yankees’ ace left-hander, gave up 6 runs – 5 of which were earned – against Johan Santana and the Mets, I don’t think I would say that such an outing was surprising, really. After a strong start in April – he posted a 3.38 FIP and struck out [...]
I have written about Derek Jeter‘s lack of plate patience this year a number of times, as such a change in a hitter’s approach can often be predictive for older players, indicating that a decline is ahead. For Jeter, that could very well be the case given that he is swinging [...]
The most likely outcome for a Derek Jeter at-bat this season has been the groundout, as he has done that 35.23% of the time. His groundball rate sits at 68% on the season, while his career mark is 56%…
Let’s completely ignore sample size issues for a moment, shall we? In this outfield this season (prior to last night’s game, even), Marcus Thames has an UZR/150 of -17.4. Such a rating is inline with Thames’ previous fielding trends while with the Tigers. Basically, though this was made especially clear during last night’s game, [...]
Forget Carl Crawford. In the American League, no other player is as fast or as wise with his wheels than the Yankees’ left fielder, Brett Gardner. Not Carl Crawford, not Rajai Davis, not Elvis Andrus—none of them are as good, for that mantle – the best baserunner in the AL – belongs solely to the [...]
For all its abstractness, whatever clutch might be defined as, Francisco Cervelli seems to embody the term. Though Cervelli has only started 15 games, he already has 14 RBI on the season, and, more impressively, almost half of those runs were produced in high-leverage situations. The numbers tell the story, as Cervelli has [...]
According to Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports, the Yankees’ designated hitter, Nick Johnson, will undergo surgery on his right wrist tomorrow, as the cortisone injection he recently received must not have done the trick. KR continues that the surgery will likely keep Johnson sidelined until July (it’s Johnson though, so he may very well [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Christina on Game Thread: Angels versus Yankees, Saturday July 14th
- walkfit platinum reviews on The TYA staff on the Yankees’ television and radio broadcast teams
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees