A couple of weeks ago I went over the Toronto Blue Jays and their prospective chances for 2012 and beyond. In a division dominated by the big-three of Boston, New York, and Tampa Bay, even the talented and well stocked organization up north figures to have a tough time cracking the playoffs.
For one team, though, [...]
Ivan Nova in the second half of last season was, at the very least, the second best starting pitcher on the best team in the American League. 8-0 with a 3.18 ERA and a 2.35 K/BB rate, the late-blooming Dominican right hander with a big body and big stuff looked to be putting everything together [...]
Robison Cano is the best player in New York. He knows it, you know it, I know it. This wasn’t always the case. An issue of perception as much as anything else, this mantel was held for a time by Alex Rodriguez, then perhaps by Mark Teixeira for a much shorter time. [...]
Hot Stove season is almost over. After what was for a time a quiet, and then literally overnight a busy, off-season of moves for the Yankees, us fans have a good idea of what the 2012 team might look like heading into the season, its’ strength, its’ weaknesses, and the potential strategy going forward as [...]
“Red Sox, Yankees … Red Sox, Yankees … I don’t care about the Red Sox and Yankees. We have to take care of ourselves. This is the most important year in the four years I’ve been here. This is your chance, from right now, to decide what kind of team you want to be.”
This crazy off-season just got that much crazier. In a move that absolutely no one could have anticipated, the Tigers today shelled out 214 million dollars over nine seasons in signing former-Brewer Prince Fielder despite hundreds of millions of dollars already invested in a first baseman and designated hitter over the next several seasons. [...]
A couple of days ago I decided to put my thoughts regarding the Michael Pineda for Jesus Montero deal down on paper and I got a lot of excellent feedback in the comment section. Originally I had no intention to do a follow-up post but an interesting exchange with a commenter, MJ Recanati, left [...]
In the interest of full disclosure, I must admit that this post will be entirely about the Michael Pineda for Jesus Montero deal that was completed less than a week ago. I know, like the rest of you know, that this has been analyzed to death. Yet I believe the consensus Yankee-land, and [...]
Well, we got that number two starter. From Sports Illustrated:
The New York Yankees and Seattle Mariners have agreed to a deal that will send Jesus Montero out west and Michael Pineda to the Bronx, according to several reports.
A blockbuster to say the least and certainly one that will divide Yankee-fan opinion for quite some [...]
I’m going to come right out and say it: the Yankees have a glaring hole on their big league roster and have for quite some time. No, this is not a new weakness, but it is a weakness that has become increasingly noticeable and yet one this organization does not appear ready to deal with. [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees