Hiroki Kuroda has thus far been a very solid addition to the Yankees starting rotation. The 37-year-old right-hander, who spent the first four years of his Major League career in Los Angeles with the Dodgers, has made five starts on the young season. And though Kuroda is just 2-3 in those five starts, he has been [...]
April twenty-fifth, twenty twelve is no doubt a date which shall live in infamy within the Yankees Universe. Early that afternoon, news broke that Michael Pineda had suffered a labrum tear and would miss the rest of the season. The situation could have been worse – rotator cuff damage has effectively ended careers and [...]
There was a touching moment early in last Thursday’s game involving Eduardo Nunez, Joe Girardi, and an errant first inning throw. After committing an error at second base that cost the Yankees a pair of runs, Nunez came back to the bench dejected and – as the broadcasting booth noted – Joe Girardi made [...]
In watching, religiously, the past couple of weeks of baseball one flaw in play has stood out: The Yankees are winning the battle at the plate this season. Definitively. And it’s not always paying off.
Through 11 games, the 6-5 Yankees are third in the AL East. Joe Girardi’s squad, expectations sky-hight heading into the [...]
It’s not news that ace CC Sabathia has struggled at the outset of the 2012 season. After an up and down spring, the big righty has allowed nine earned runs over 12 innings in his first two starts to go along with five walks and two home runs. He’s had trouble finding the plat [...]
The Brewers announced late last night that they and their ace pitcher, Zack Greinke, had broken off talks of extending Greinke past the 2012 season. In the final year of a four-year contract he signed with the Kansas City Royals back in 2009, Greinke would likely be the best right handed pitcher on the [...]
It looked for some time on Tuesday like the Yankees would have to wait another day for a chance to pick up their first series win of the season. But a late rally off Wei-Yin Chen, and a strong performance from David Phelps in relief, led to an extra innings [...]
A week ago, it looked like Freddy Garcia would probably begin the season as the Yankees’ long man in the bullpen. Garcia was in competition for a rotation spot, but given his age and durability concerns he didn’t have a fighting chance. Last Friday, Michael Pineda went out for his final Spring Training [...]
It’s March 30th and the Major League regular season has technically already started. Teams are making their final cuts and most roster competitions are winding down. Yet in the Bronx (Tampa, rather) much is still up in the air. The bullpen is not settled and neither is the bench. Cesar Cabral and Clay Rapada
A (not so fun) exercise on baseball’s most optimistic (but sadly, Yankee-free) day:
C – Russell Martin – The second-year Bomber, fatigued in the middle of yet another season of near full time play behind the plate, lands on the dissabled list and hoists Francisco Cervelli or Austin Romine into the starting lineup full time. Extension talks [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
- Evon Znidarsic on Teixeira MRI Update, Babe Ruth Pitching In Pinstripes, And Jeter’s Gift Baskets
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees