Note: This updates an earlier post on the Cliff Lee deal that focused more on Lee’s decision. This one examines the non-deal from the Yankees’ perspective.
This morning’s response from Yankees fans to Cliff Lee’s decision to sign with the Phillies ran the gamut from grief to anger, [...]
Larry, MJR, and I will wax poetic about what the Boss meant to us later on, but we here at Yankeeist would like to extend our deepest sympathies to the Steinbrenners, and the entire Yankee Universe. Ever the polarizing figure, one thing about George Steinbrenner could not be ignored: he [...]
Joel Sherman is reporting that the Yankees are on the brink of obtaining Cliff Lee from the Mariners. I hate Joel Sherman with the burning fire of 1,000 suns (that is in no way pertinent to this story, but I felt it needed to be said).
If this is true, this means [...]
Below is the latest post from sometime Yankeeist contributor Joe Montesano. He previously wrote about Curtis Granderson near the end of Spring Training.
During the offseason prior to 2009, the Yankees were in the midst of spending three times the GDP of Peru on three players: CC [...]
This time last year, you were hearing a lot of whispers about how Nick Swisher was primed for a bounceback year (OK, I wrote it). Swish was coming off an embarrassing [...]
Bo Jackson — remember him? Of course you do. Who else could score from anywhere on the field each and every time he touched the ball in Tecmo Bowl?
Twenty years ago it was more common to see the two-sport athlete. Nowadays they’re [...]
Baseball players are notoriously some of the most superstitious people in all of sports. Perhaps it’s the huge swings in performance that exist in a season that lasts half a year. Maybe it’s a way to create some sense of normalcy and repetition [...]
Following the great heist that was Alfonso Soriano and a player to be named later for Alex Rodriguez in February of 2004, there was speculation about who should play shortstop. Alex had won two Gold Gloves playing shortstop the previous two seasons while in Texas, and was regarded by [...]
So with the Yankees blogospohere talking about the best of the decade, I thought it would be fun to talk about the worst of the decade. I went ahead and found the worst offensive seasons for positional players on the Yankees in the [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees