When the Indians signed Nick Swisher, the Yankees were officially given their second first-round pick in this year’s Rule-4 draft. To make room for the ex-Yankee, Cleveland cleared the right-handed outfielder Thomas Neal from their 40-man roster. Though nothing is official yet, Neal has updated his Twitter bio, and
When I volunteered to write the Countdown to Spring Training number 23 post I entertained the idea of writing about a different number 23. The fact that Lou Gehrig and Alex Rodriguez share the all time grand slam leadership with 23 a piece came to mind. But what’s the point? In [...]
In honor of the number 24, I reposting something I wrote on October 31, 2011.
It was written to mark the tenth anniversary of Game Four of the 2001 World Series and I named it “October 31, 2001: The Bamtino and Mr. November.”
That game, still, to this day, is one of the best games [...]
For instance, the man who currently dons that uniform number for the Yankees, Mark Teixeira, had his lone special playoff moment, so far, in October 2009 when he hit a walk-off home [...]
(The following is being syndicated from An A-Blog for A-Rod)
When he wasn’t busy trying to pull non-existent wool over the eyes of us Yankee fans or slapping us in the face with his bulging money clip, Hal Steinbrenner did take some time the other day last week to [...]
As the Yankees continue to allow free agents to sign elsewhere, the detriments of a $189 million budget in 2014 is growing obvious. They have no real catcher or designated hitter, and the team’s collective age might challenge injury records that they set last season. But World Series victories are not won in January. Despite the [...]
On Tuesday, I wrote about Kevin Youkilis and Kevin Long working together to fix the third baseman’s hitting mechanics. Long found some differences in his stance that he wanted to get a head start on, and visited Youkilis at his home in California last week. In my analysis, I believed his hands were [...]
Yesterday, the Mariners swooped in and traded for a player the Yankees had their eyes on when they acquired Michael Morse from the Nationals in a three team deal that sent John Jaso to the A’s and three players–A.J. Cole, Blake Treinen, and a player to be named later–to [...]
It often takes little more than a single, signature moment for a player to become immortalized in Yankees lore. Few can spout off the career lines of Bucky Dent or Jim Leyritz, and yet there is nary a fan that will not feel at least a tiny bit of giddiness at the mere mention [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- many dresses are especially for wedding or for other events2 on Chuck Johnson on Chase Whitley
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees