Wins above replacement is often a love or hate statistic. Fans that love it often rely on it too much, while fans that hate it dismiss the math too easily. I find that it does a great job analyzing offense, but can often be off on defense, meanwhile starting pitchers usually receives a fair rating, while relievers [...]
In 2005, a young pitcher emerged for the Yankees. Along with Shawn Chacon and Aaron Small, he helped push the Yankees into the playoffs. Once in the playoffs, he was a tough-luck loser. He pitched 6.2 innings and allowed just one run on four hits. In 2006, he contributed big time. [...]
It’s been a while since Grady Sizemore‘s name was relevant in baseball. Back in those days, he was one of the brightest young outfielders in the game. By 25 years old, Sizemore accumulated three All Star appearances, two gold gloves, and one silver slugger. He could field, he could hit, he could take [...]
(Syndicated from Second Place Is Not An Option)
As we get closer to Spring Training and the number of days shrink, the chance to write about legendary Yankee players increases.
(The following is being syndicated from An A-Blog for A-Rod)
I didn’t write about it last week when the comments were made because it didn’t tie in to the Prospect Week theme, but Cash made some head-scratching statements to our buddy Wally Matthews about the Yankees’ current roster makeup [...]
Aside from Russell Martin and AJ Pierzynski, this year’s free agent market was completely bare of starting catchers. It made the Yankees’ decision to let Martin leave for Pittsburgh confusing. Francisco Cervelli and Chris Stewart are hardly starting-caliber catchers, and Austin Romine‘s health and ability are questionable. The team has stated [...]
It is quite a sight to behold but there is one year that sticks out among the rest when you first take a look at it: 1937.
I knew Joe DiMaggio was good, all New York Yankee fans know that, but [...]
The Yankees are the most successful team in Major League Baseball history; they’ve been to the World Series 40 times and won 27 titles. And because that history exists, we almost take it for granted. We know where it is;we know–to an extent–where it comes from; and we have hopes for where it will be [...]
Over the last few months, I’ve heard a new narrative about the 2013 Yankees regressing like the team did between 1964 to 1965. Though there are some fair comparisons when it comes to age and injuries, the two teams are built in much different ways.
By the end of 1964, the team put up [...]
As we continue the theme of counting down the days until spring training, for number 22 I’ll focus on the 22nd Yankee Championsihp, and by extension the entire 1978 season. The Yankees entered the 1978 season the defending World Series Champions. The year before George Steinbrenner had shelled out big bucks to bring in
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees