There are so many great players in Yankee history and so many great seasons by Yankee players that we sometimes overlook the player and/or the season. Maybe it’s because he was more well known with other teams, maybe it’s because he was on the Yankees before I was sentient, but sometimes I forget that
According to Andrew Marchand of ESPN New York, the Yankees have signed right-handed outfielder Juan Rivera to a minor league contract. The former Yankee will compete with Russ Canzler, Matt Diaz, and Thomas Neal for the current major league right-handed outfield spot this Spring Training.
His 106 [...]
It all began so well for the Yankees and Mark Teixeira. Tex was the secret sauce in the 2009 season. Everyone knew the Yankees were going after pitching. But no one realized that Brian Cashman was also stealthy keeping tabs on Tex. When his contract negotiations with the Red Sox stalled the Yankees [...]
It’s been nearly a year since Andy Pettitte unretired. As shocking as his return to baseball was, no one expected him to pitch like did. Through 12 starts in 2012, Pettitte finished the season with a 22.8 K%, a 6.9 BB%, and a 3.48 FIP. Though his fluke injury limited him to only [...]
On Friday Brian Cashman revealed that it is possible that Alex Rodriguez will miss the entire 2013 season. Cashman pointed out that he does think the Yankee slugger will be back on the field sometime in the second half of the season, but he gave a nod to reality when he indicated [...]
I had a quite a few choices for this number. I could have gone the easy route and just written about John Flaherty. Or I could have gone old school and written about Gene Michael, Mickey Rivers or Oscar Gamble.
Instead, I’m focusing on a performance [...]
In the off-season leading into the 1918 season, the New York Yankees were a team in transition – they were poised to compete in the American League, and were willing to spend money to do so. The key to taking that step, in the mind of co-owner Jacob Ruppert, was hiring an experienced and well-respected [...]
(The following is being syndicated from An A-Blog for A-Rod)
It was a continuation of his strong second half in 2011, but that didn’t make Derek Jeter’s offensive performance in 2012 any less impressive. To be 2 years older than he was when he first started to look like he [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees