- The first agreement of the day was with the Nationals and starting pitcher Dan Haren, who will receive $13 million for 2013.
- The Diamondbacks agreed to sign former Yankee Eric Hinske to a one-year $1.075 million contract.
- Shane Victorino agreed to a three-year $39 million contract with the Red Sox. I wrote about the Yankees’ interest in the outfielder, and Brad wrote about why they shouldn’t have interest.
- The Yankees were connected to Marco Scutaro all day, but in the end the Giants signed him to a three-year $20 million deal.
- The Rockies traded ex-top-prospect Alex White and Alex Gillingham to the Astros for relief pitcher Wilton Lopez.
- The Marlins traded away some more money today by sending Yunel Escobar to the Rays for prospect Derek Dietrich.
Yankees News And Notes
- The Yankees are supposedly listening to offers on Curtis Granderson. A trade might make some sense if they can fill some holes for 2014, but will cost them a significant chance to win in 2013, and that’s not something they plan on doing.
- The Marlins have publicly stated that they will not trade Ricky Nolasco. As I mentioned yesterday, the Yankees inquired on Nolasco last month.
- In Rafael Soriano news, the Tigers have stated that they’re not interested in the reliever, while the Dodgers may be.
- It turns out that the Yankees are insured for Alex Rodriguez‘ contract, which means they won’t be responsible for parts of his remaining $114 million if he misses time and conditions are met.
- The infielder news for the Yankees was in full swing today. The Yankees might be interested in Ian Stewart, they checked in on Kevin Youkilis, as well as Eric Chavez (The Red Sox have their eye on him too), there’s speculation about Mark Reynolds, and there is little hope that they sign Stephen Drew. Ichiro Suzuki and A.J. Pierzysnki are said to be in the mix too.
- The Marlins reiterated that Giancarlo Stanton will not be traded.
- The Giants and Nick Swisher have mutual interest, but the organization is unsure if they have the funds. The Red Sox were rumored to be involved at one point, but they ended up with Victorino. The Orioles also met with Swisher’s rep.
- An MLB official laughed when asked if the Yankees would be interested in Juan Uribe.
- The Mariners are interested in bringing Raul Ibanez back, while the Giants are eyeing Ichiro.
- The Yankees were rumors to have strong interest in Jeff Keppinger all day, and the reported asking price is 3 years/$12MM.
- Scott Hairston is still on the market, and the Yankees are considered to still be in the mix, though it looks like he’ll be receiving a multi-year deal.
- Both Jason Kubel and Justin Upton were involved with trade talks today, and the Yankees are suspected to be interested in both outfielders.
- The Yankees have expressed interest in third base free agent, Jack Hannahan.
- Mike Axisa over at River Ave Blues recapped Girardi’s press conference from yesterday, and Chad Jennings at LoHud has a few words from Brian Cashman, although I wouldn’t get too worked up as he’s just trying to manipulate the market.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees