In case you don’t remember, it was a sunny Sunday afternoon in early June, the Yankees were finishing up a three-game series against the Detroit Tigers in Comerica Park and the pitching matchup was Justin Verlander vs. Phil Hughes.
The expectations weren’t high coming into the game considering [...]
The Yankees reward for having the best record in the American League was home field advantage throughout the playoffs. However, what was once a blessing, seems to have turned into a curse. With the team mired in [...]
Bud Selig will go down in history as one of the greatest commissioners in MLB history. Under his direction, baseball has grown immensely. It’s spread to every TV set in this country, to ballparks around the world, and most importantly, it’s increased revenues exponentially. In the end, he’ll always be remembered for the money, instead [...]
An article in the Wall Street Journal last week caught my attention. Brian Costa writes about the contrast between crowds in Baltimore and New York,
For Orioles fans—and for the people here who had long since stopped identifying themselves as such—this was a reawakening. They hadn’t seen playoff baseball in 15 years, hadn’t [...]
Just got this in our email box:
NEW YORK – The New York Yankees announced today the firing of office manager John DiMaggio, citing a key logistical failure that resulted in their 3-0 loss to the Detroit Tigers on Sunday.
Team officials stated that Mr. DiMaggio had been tasked with distributing a key memorandum, titled, [...]
Joe Girardi thinks the hitters need to start making adjustments. While that might be obvious to everyone, no one has officially disclosed why and what the problems are. One growing theory is something I’ve been discussing for not only the last week, but the whole year.
The most recent hitting slump, which I would [...]
You have to score at least one run to win a baseball game. The Yankees didn’t. They lost. That said, the Umpires didn’t help. While the main story coming out of Sunday’s game has to be the absence of the Yankee offense, it is entirely possible that come Monday morning the biggest story from the [...]
No matter how the 2012 season ends for the New York Yankees, this will also stand out as the season when the newest crop of Yankee legends began to fade away, as all great athletes must eventually. This will be the season that saw Mariano Rivera and Derek Jeter both fall [...]
As Yankee fans rub the sand out of their eyes this morning, many must be wondering if last night was a crazy dream. Did the moribund Yankee offense actually score 4 runs in an inning, much less the 9th? Did Raul Ibanez actually do it again? That’s not possible, right? And lastly the invincible Yankee [...]
What can you say about tonight?
It was a roller coaster of emotions. Some extreme highs and extreme lows.
The lowest of the low occurred after the game ended when the announcement was made that Derek Jeter fractured his ankle and is done for the season. But we all know something was [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees