It hasn’t even been a week since the American League Championship Series ended and I am already in the throes of an offseason depression.
There are many reasons for this.
It was the way the Yankees ended their season. A sweep is never fun to witness but it’s especially unpleasant when your team [...]
Move over St. Louis. The cardiac kids of the postseason now reside in San Francisco.
Entering last night’s sudden death NLCS showdown, the Cardinals were riding a six game winning streak in winner-take-all postseason match-ups dating back [...]
There was some discussion in March that the Yankees might hold off on putting Michael Pineda in the major league rotation immediately. By optioning the right handed pitcher down for the first month, they’d prevent him from adding up the necessary service time to earn Super Two status. The idea was absurd at [...]
I think that people get too locked into the little details when thinking about the offseason. “Cashman should trade Alex Rodriguez and then move Derek Jeter to third base and then let Nick Swisher go and and then move Gardner to center field and then sign a right-handed power reliever and then find a new [...]
I’m fond of writing “what a difference a year makes” on this site, but in the case of Curtis Granderson you have to ask what a difference a few games make? Granderson had an odd season. He hit a career high 43 homers, but he also had a career worst .319 on base [...]
Nick Swisher‘s future in pinstripes looks like it has come to a bitter end. Bitter, not because his play was underwhelming, but because consecutive postseason slumps caught up to him at the worst possible time. This offseason will be Swisher’s first time entering free agency, and entering his next season at 32 years [...]
Unsurprisingly Alex Rodriguez has emerged as the scapegoat for the 2012 Yankee collapse versus Detroit. He brought a lot of this on himself. He played terribly, and he may or may not have hit on Kyna Treacy during a loss. Combine that with the fact that he’s the man the baseball media [...]
Alex Rodriguez. To say that the shadow of his 2012 campaign looms large over Yankee decision makers this year would be an understatement. It would be akin to saying the that economy will be one of many topics on the minds of voters this November. A-Rod isn’t an issue, he’s THE issue. Everything about him [...]
It’s been a long time since the New York Yankees were swept in a best-of-seven series. So long ago that the last time it happened Gerald Ford was President – though he’d be voted out of office a few weeks later, the number one TV show was “Happy Days” and the number one song was, [...]
(The following was originally posted yesterday afternoon at An A-Blog for A-Rod)
Seriously. It’s getting out of control. It doesn’t surprise me that it’s A-Rod attracting all this negative attention and drama, because that’s what’s always followed him around his whole career and that’s always been SOP since the day he joined the [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees