Let’s play a game of good news/bad news, shall we?
Good news: Derek Jeter is still hitting well.
Bad news: He struck out to end the game.
Good news: The Yankees scored four runs – look, it’s better than the two they mustered last night.
Bad news: CC Sabathia also gave up four. His line tonight was 6.2 IP, six hits, four runs, two walks and three strike outs. From Jack Curry of YES: Sabathia’s 0-3 with a 4.67 ERA in last four starts.
Good news: Alex Rodriguez hit a home run to pull the Yankees within a run late in the game.
Bad news: Eduardo Nunez negated the run – and any good feelings people had about him – with his big error in the ninth.
Good news: The Yankees got a hit with a runner in scoring position
Bad news: That was the only one they got (they were 1-6).
Good news: Curtis Granderson hit his 38th home run of the season.
Bad news: B.J. Upton hit his 23rd home run of the season which put Tampa up 5-2 in the top of the eighth.
Good news: … I think I may be done with the good news
Bad news: The Yankees are now out of first place by a half a game and if the Orioles beat Oakland tonight, they’ll be back a full game.
Some facts about tonight’s game:
- With his fifth inning single, Jeter passed Willie Mays and is now in sole possession of 10th on the All-Time hit list. He now has 3,285.
- From @YankeeSource: Yankees have just 3 hits with RISP in the last 4 games. 3 for 40 (0.075 BA).
- From @yestoresearch: The Yankees are now 1-7 in Price/Sabathia match ups.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees