Phil ‘The Scooter’ Rizzuto would have been 95 today, so I thought it would be fun to look back at some of his numbers and if you have any Scooter memories, you can leave them in the comments. Though to be honest, if you’re old enough to have seen him play, I’m impressed that you [...]
There’s probably nothing more satisfying to a manager than saving his best bat off the bench for just the right moment, and then having him come through according to plan. On Friday night, Athletics’ manager Bob Melvin [...]
As a Yankee fan, September is the month where you watch your team rest players after clinching a playoff spot, or exhaust starters to wear down their magic number. Not often do we receive beneficial reinforcements with just a little over a week left in the regular season. The Yankees have been no stranger to [...]
How’s this for interesting? Earlier this year, J.P. Arencibia of the Toronto Blue Jays said that the Yankees hit cheap homers. I know, it’s so shocking that an opposing player would complain about Yankee Stadium’s dimensions. That never happens. Anyway, tonight both the Yankees and Arencibia hit important home runs that may have [...]
David Aardsma is likely to be activated quite soon, per Chad Jennings. While he will likely be fairly limited, any pitches he can save from the arms of Robertson, Chamberlain, Soriano, and Logan would be a godsend – and, of course, set him on the path towards contributing from Opening Day next year.
Manuel Banuelos was the no-doubt top Yankee prospect entering this season, and held down the #2 spot, behind Jesus Montero, for a year before that. A lot of people, myself included, expect him to spend time on the Yankee roster down the stretch in 2012, and move on to a bright major league career. Instead, [...]
Up until Friday night, CC Sabathia was in a rare slump. He hadn’t picked up a win in nearly a month, since August 24th, which is unacceptable at this point in the year. Considering the two DL stints, some members of the media questioned his health, and I think the legitimacy of [...]
All good things must come to an end. That holds especially true for winning streaks. The Athletics snapped the Yankees seven game win streak Sunday, beating the Bombers 5-4. The Yankees let an opportunity slip away. The Orioles also lost in Boston. On the one hand this means that the Yankees hold on [...]
Today’s game almost seems like a formality after yesterday’s marathon of come backs and tension. But that’s the beauty of baseball. They do this everyday. The Yankees used every pitcher they have yesterday, so the team needs Hiroki Kuroda to give them some length, desperately. The A’s will counter with A.J. [...]
One of the biggest surprises this season has been the reemergence of the long dormant Baltimore Orioles. Its a franchise that hasn’t been above .500 since their 98 win group in 1997, and hasn’t broken 70 wins since 2006. This year, they’re 86-62 and have been a thorn in the side of the 1st place [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees