Now, that’s much better boys.
Things didn’t start off too well for Garcia. He gave up a first pitch single to Dustin Ackley to start the game and after a sacrifice bunt and a wild pitch, Jesus Montero hit an RBI single to center. The one good thing about Garcia’s starts of late is that when he bends, he doesn’t break. (Ugh, cliches.)
After no further damage, the Yankees came up to bat and answered with a run of their own thanks to a Mark Teixeira single which scored Derek Jeter. They added another run in the bottom of the second after a Chris Stewart double and a fielding error by Ackley on a grounder by Curtis Granderson.
In the fourth, Stewart singled, stole a base and scored on a Jeter single to make it 3-1. Seattle pulled to within one when Montero picked up another RBI on a single to right that scored Michael Saunders.
The Yankees added one more run in the fifth and in the sixth Raul Ibanez hit a two-run home run, extending the lead to 6-2. It was his 15th home run of the year.
Today’s win was Garcia’s 150th of his career. He pitched five full innings, gave up the two runs on five hits, walked four and struck out two batters.
Ichiro Suzuki extended his hitting streak and now has a hit in each of his 12 games with Yankees. According to Elias, he’s now tied with Don Slaught for most hits to start a Yankee career. Slaught’s streak was way back in 1988.
One semi-amusing anecdote from the game – yes, I was there and yes, it was hot – Trayvon Robinson who was playing leftfield for Seattle hit into three line drives in his last three at bats. The first two were to Teixeira and to Jeter. When he came up in the ninth, my brother said, “Wouldn’t it be funny if he lined out again?” Well, would you know it? He did, right into Soriano’s glove for the first out of the ninth. My brother felt bad.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees