With David Phelps having thrown a total of 23 pitches in the month of August, it seems unlikely that he will be able to go terribly deep into this evening’s contest. In fact, since throwing 103 pitches on July 14 (the last of a two-start demotion where he was kept loose on the heels of an 81 pitch outing against the Rays), Phelps has not eclipsed 36 pitches. While I have a great deal of faith in Phelps’ ability to do yeoman’s work against the Rangers tonight, it does seem likely that he will need a caddy to avoid Girardi needing to run through the bullpen.
Enter Derek Lowe. That is, Derek Lowe of the 5.52 ERA, 4.49 FIP, and 0.91 K/BB. His 3.40 BB/9 is his highest mark since 2004 stint with the Red Sox, and his 3.10 K/9 is … just hilarious. I suggest checking out Matt’s piece on what Lowe can offer, aside from some good ol’ fashioned snark.
Onto the line-ups:
|Texas Rangers||New York Yankees|
|Ian Kinsler, 2B||Derek Jeter, SS|
|Elvis Andrus, SS||Nick Swisher, DH|
|Josh Hamilton, CF||Robinson Cano, 2B|
|Adrian Beltre, 3B||Mark Teixeira, 1B|
|Nelson Cruz, RF||Eric Chavez, 3B|
|Michael Young, DH||Curtis Granderson, CF|
|David Murphy, LF||Russell Martin, C|
|Geovany Soto, C||Raul Ibanez, LF|
|Mitch Moreland, 1B||Ichiro Suzuki, RF|
|Ryan Dempster, SP||David Phelps, SP|
The first pitch is scheduled for 7:05 p.m., on YES and ESPN2. Let’s go Yankees!
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
- 手機殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
- 手機外殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees