While I am not delusional enough to believe that prime Ichiro will be strolling into the Yankees clubhouse tonight, I may or may not remain irrationally excited that he is now a Yankee.
What does he offer? A roughly league-average bat against RHP (96 wRC+) and away from Safeco (98 wRC+), well above-average defense, and well above-average base-running. At the very least, I think the Yankees are a better team with him and Swisher manning the corners and Jones and Ibanez platooning at DH. For the cost of a back-end starter/middle reliever and a reliever, that seems like a bargain.
Per Chad Jennings, Dewayne Wise has been designated for assignment in a corresponding move … and Ichiro will be starting in RF.
Onto the lineups:
|New York Yankees||Seattle Mariners|
|Derek Jeter, SS||Dustin Ackley, 2B|
|Curtis Granderson, CF||Casper Wells, LF|
|Alex Rodriguez, 3B||John Jaso, C|
|Robinson Cano, 2B||Jesus Montero, DH|
|Mark Teixeira, 1B||Kyle Seager, 3B|
|Raul Ibanez, DH||Michael Saunders, CF|
|Andruw Jones, LF||Justin Smoak, 1B|
|Ichiro Suzuki, RF||Carlos Peguero, RF|
|Russell Martin, C||Brendan Ryan, SS|
|Hiroki Kuroda, SP||Kevin Millwood, SP|
The first pitch is scheduled for 10:10 p.m., on the YES Network. Let’s go Yankees!
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- walkfit platinum reviews on The TYA staff on the Yankees’ television and radio broadcast teams
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
- 手機殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees