I never quite know what to make of Oakland A’s pitchers. So many of them put up big numbers on an annual basis that its easy to think Billy Beane is some sort of genius when it comes to scouting young arms. But that ballpark is so pitcher-friendly that it makes it easy for those young guns to outperform in Oakland. Which leads to tonight’s starter for the Athletic, one Arthur Joseph Griffin. He’s only had 4 major league starts, so there’s no point in going through his numbers, other than to say so far so good. He doesn’t throw overly hard, averaging just below 90 MPH on the fastball so far this year. He throws 4 pitches, stays around the plate, so he’s a guy that needs to get ahead and mix up his pitches to be successful. SSS applies here, but FIP thinks his ERA should be about 2 runs higher. So with the way FIP weights HRs and the Yanks’ propensity for hitting them, that could bode well for tonight’s contest.
The Yanks come into Oakland rolling, having won 9 of their last 11 and are 26-9 over the past 35 games. If it seems like the Yanks never lose to Oakland, especially as visitors, you’d be correct. They’ve won 9 straight in the Collesium, and are 30-7 facing the A’s since Joe Girardi took over as manager in 2008. But Oakland has been pretty hot as well, going 25-14 since early June and they’re currently in a tie for the 2nd Wild Card spot.
Here’s your lineup from LoHud:
Derek Jeter SS
Curtis Granderson CF
Alex Rodriguez DH
Robinson Cano 2B
Mark Teixeira 1B
Nick Swisher RF
Raul Ibanez LF
Eric Chavez 3B
Chris Stewart C
RHP Freddy Garcia on the mound, with recently promoted David Phelps waiting in the wings if things get too sweaty for Freddy. GO YANKS!!!!!!
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees