Sox are red, violets are blue. Manny, Pedro, Youkilis where are you? I thought no game was over in Fenway park, but that AAA lineup Bobby V fielded this afternoon looked pretty dead out there after falling behind 4-0. What has become of this so-called rivalry? It seems more of a NESN creation than reality at this point. The Sox just aren’t keeping up their end of the bargain. The Yanks are 4-0 facing the Sox this year, have outscored them 37-20 and if you polled a thousand Yankee fans, I have to think the vast majority fear the Rays and Texas far more these days, with the Red Sox all but an afterthought. They look like a team in transition to me, and to make matters worse the always injured Carl Crawford just had yet another setback in his rehab. We can quibble over what makes a player ‘injury prone’ but anyone who gets hurt during rehab fits the definition in my book.
But fear not, oh Red Sox Nation. Phil Hughes has been abysmal in Fenway Park over the course of his career, going 2-3 with an ERA of 9.00 (4 starts 8 appearances) and a 1.913 WHIP. But alas, in such a tiny sample one might expect some noise. Looking at the starts he’s had 2 horrendous outings and 2 pretty good ones. So we will just have to see if Good Phil or Bad Phil shows up tonight. Here’s your lineup, courtesy of Chad Jennings over at LoHud:
Derek Jeter SS
Curtis Granderson CF
Mark Teixeira DH
Robinson Cano 2B
Nick Swisher 1B
Andruw Jones LF
Jayson Nix 3B
Russell Martin C
Darnell McDonald RF
Alex gets the 2nd game off, with Tex getting the half day at DH. GO YANKS!
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
- 手機殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
- 手機外殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees