Happy Independence Day! We’re officially half way through the Yankees’ season after today’s game. The surprises include, Phil Hughes‘, Andy Pettitte‘s, and Hiroki Kuroda‘s dominance, Robinson Cano‘s power surge, Cody Eppley and Clay Rapada. Russell Martin, Mark Teixeira, and some extent Alex Rodriguez have been the most disappointing part of the team. The injury bug has also caught up to too many players for our liking this year, we’ve seen Michal Pineda, Andy Pettitte, CC Sabathia, David Robertson, Brett Gardner, and Mariano Rivera deal with the disabled list, amongst guys that were already there in Joba Chamberlain, David Aardsma, and Pedro Feliciano. Fortunately, The Yankees have overcome the odds in the first half, and produced the second best record in baseball. With a handful of elite players expected back in the final half of 2012, mixed with a little bit of optimism for the some new guys like David Phelps, the team can look forward to the future.
This afternoon, the Yankees have the opportunity to end a 9 game losing streak at Tropicana Field, and in the process prevent the Rays from creeping to 4.5 games behind them. Against their lefty ace David Price, the Yankees will send their own David Phelps. As expected, Price has been arguably the best pitcher in the AL East, but against the Bombers, he’s allowed a 3.93 ERA, and a 1.636 WHIP. Phelps has only made two major league starts in his career, but one was against the Rays back in May, and didn’t allow a run through 4.2 innings. If the Yankees keep hitting lefty starters, and Phelps looks anything like he has this year, I think we can finally break this curse at Tropicana Field. Here is today’s lineup, courtesy of Chad Jennings.
|Derek Jeter SS|
|Curtis Granderson CF|
|Mark Teixeira 1B|
|Alex Rodriguez DH|
|Robinson Cano 2B|
|Nick Swisher RF|
|Andruw Jones LF|
|Russell Martin C|
|Jayson Nix 3B|
The game starts at 3:10 PM EST on YES. Happy 4th of July! and Go Yankees!
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees