I’m running a little short on deep analytical inspiration this Friday afternoon, so instead I will point you to this excellent piece by the Wall Street Journal’s Dan Barbarisi on the daily routine that allows Eric Chavez, who suffers from chronic back problems, to play. Chavez has been an easy [...]
As July approaches, and with it trading season in Major League Baseball, it appears as though the Yankees will thoroughly explore all options available for acquiring a starting pitcher. Despite the strong seasons being offered up by CC Sabathia, Hiroki Kuroda, and Andy Pettitte and the brief flashes of brilliance we’ve seen [...]
As a Yankee fan surrounded by Met fans, I remember joking with my friends that R.A. Dickey would be the next Cy Young contender out of Queens. I also remember the day Dickey was called up, and thinking how desperate the Mets must be to call up a 35 year old knuckleballer. Aside from his [...]
One result of Hughes’s control is that he often works ahead in the count. He has faced 341 hitters this year, of which 83 have gone to an 0-2 count. [...]
Matt’s article today highlighted the struggles that Andruw Jones is having with left-handed pitching, and got me thinking about the rest of the Yankee bench, and whether possible replacements exist. Jones’ struggles are a problem because Jones was expected to be the lefty-mashing half of a DH platoon and occasional outfielder [...]
(The following is being syndicated from An A-Blog for A-Rod)
2012 has been a season of surprises for the Yankee starting pitching staff. The mid-January trade for Michael Pineda was a surprise, as was the follow-up signing of Hiroki Kuroda, who did not appear to be [...]
A funny thing has happened regarding Andruw Jones this season. Jones, typically a lefty masher, has had a complete and total reverse platoon split this year. Coming into yesterday’s game, in which he went 0-1 against a lefty pitcher, Jones was hitting just .188/.254/.344 against lefties with a .263 wOBA and a 58 [...]
While the Yankees were rolling out a 10-game winning streak replete with dominant pitching, it had to come to an end eventually. Yesterday’s loss snapped the streak, and today’s tough outing from Phil Hughes was the worst start by a Yankee pitcher in quite some time. Hughes faced off against the Braves’ Tommy Hanson, like [...]
It’s not cheating if everyone is doing it, right? Tampa Bay Rays’ manager Joe Maddon seems to think so. At least that’s what the unorthodox manager implied when he defended reliever Joel Peralta, who was ejected from last night’s [...]
Sorry for the lateness of the thread, we had some miscommunications. The Yankees look to start another winning streak in a rare weekday day game against the Braves. Feel free to discuss the game, the ungodly heat, and anything else that strikes your fancy. Let’s go Yankees!
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees