Yesterday, I checked in on how the Yankees’ offense and pitching staff stack up against the rest of the AL, now let’s take a look at the position players, one by one. We’ll go numerically according to the scorebook.
Catcher: Russell Martin
Avg. AL catcher: .244/.314/.399/.713
Martin vs. Pos. Avg: 85/110/97/103
wOBA/wRC+: .334/108, fifth/t-fifth among AL catchers w/at least 160 PA (11)
First Base: Mark Teixeira
Avg. AL first baseman: .248/.324/.427/.750
Tex vs. Pos. Avg.: 98/97/106/102
wOBA/wRC+: .331/106, both seventh among qualified AL 1B (13)
Second Base: Robinson Cano
Avg. AL second baseman: .246/.310/.372/.682
Cano vs. Pos. Avg.: 117/111/137/125
wOBA/wRC+: .367/131, both first among qualified AL 2B (11)
Third Base: Alex Rodriguez
Avg. AL third baseman: .254/.312/.401/.713
A-Rod vs. Pos. Avg.: 108/117/107/111
wOBA/wRC+: .359/126, both third among qualified AL 3B (8)
Shortstop: Derek Jeter
Avg. AL shortstop: .251/.305/.359/.664
Jeter vs. Pos. Avg.: 127/121/122/121
wOBA/wRC+: .358/125, both second among qualified AL SS (14)
Left Field: Raul Ibanez:
Avg. AL left fielder: .248/.324/.420/.744
Ibanez vs. Pos. Avg.: 102/95/119/109
wOBA/wRC+: .343/114, both fifth among AL LF with at least 160 PA (11)
Center Field: Curtis Granderson:
Avg. AL center fielder: .274/.337/.438/.775
Grandy vs. Pos. Avg.: 90/101/118/111
wOBA/wRC+: .364/129; third/t-third among qualified AL CF (9)
Right Field: Nick Swisher:
Avg. AL right fielder: .258/.324/.426/.750
Swish vs. Pos. Avg.: 96/95/107/102
wOBA/wRC+: .328/104, eighth among qualified AL RF (13)
1. I can’t believe CF has the highest OPS of any position in the A.L.
2. Nick Swisher’s year is really bumming me out. Since returning from his injury, he’s hitting just .224/.274/.366/.610.
3. Please stop saying A-Rod isn’t having a good year. It’s not a typical A-Rod year, but it’s by no means bad.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Christina on Game Thread: Angels versus Yankees, Saturday July 14th
- walkfit platinum reviews on The TYA staff on the Yankees’ television and radio broadcast teams
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees