Kevin Goldstein pretty much sums up my reaction:
And Jim Callis:
The Yankees haven’t made (and signed) a consensus 1st round selection in a long time. The last is probably Slade Heathcott, or, if you really want to be conservative, Ian Kennedy in 2006. Ty Hensley is a perfectly conventional, highly-touted, high-ceiling high school arm. [...]
Hello Yankee fans and draftniks. The MLB draft begins tonight, and we’ll have plenty of coverage and analysis of the Yankees’ selections, as well as some of the other picks in the draft. Tonight we have the 1st round (where the Yankees pick at #30) and the supplemental 1st round (no Yankee pick), and the [...]
Dante Bichette Jr. is almost universally considered one of the top prospects in the Yankees’ farm system, but around this time last year, he was being labeled “an overdraft”. When the Bronx Bombers selected the third baseman [...]
For those of you who may have missed the April Edition, The Monthly Prospector represents a broad-strokes update with respect to TYA’s combined top-twenty prospects list. In addition to providing a glimpse into the present production of the team’s potential future, such an exercise also offers a wonderful excuse for snark [...]
Early in the season, when Derek Jeter was first getting off to his hot start, I was skeptical that his strong performance would last. At the time the analysis seemed reasonable. Derek hasn’t put together a solid season since 2009 and the Yankees had faced an improbably high number of lefties. Derek [...]
Its that time again. Three days from now, the Yankees will add 30-40 young baseball players into their organization. Before that happens, it is appropriate that we take stock of the Yankee farm system, so that we may better understand the Yankee draft and signing strategy.
Below are my Top-20 prospect rankings. I usually rank [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees