After a nail-biting 5-3 victory last night that saw David Robertson work out of a 9th-inning jam, the Yankees go back to work tonight against the division-leading Tampa Bay Rays. David Phelps will take the hill for the Yankees, making his second career start. It may also be his last start for a little while, as Andy Pettitte will be making his season debut on Sunday, and seems likely to take Phelps’ rotation spot.
Phelps will square off against towering righty Jeff Niemann, who is 2-3 with a 4.05 ERA on the season, and a 3.39 FIP. Niemann is only averaging about 90 mph on his fastball this season, but he supplements the pitch with a big-breaking curveball, a slider, and the occasional splitter.
Dewayne Wise will be starting in left field tonight, which no doubt will do wonders for the blood pressure of Yankee fans who have been watching Eduardo Nunez and Raul Ibanez man that position of late.
In other news, Mariano Rivera revealed that his mystery complication was a blood clot in his leg, which has been treated. Everything should be ok, but it gave him a bit of a scare. Mark Teixeira also announced that he has been sick for the past month with what is being termed a “severely inflamed airway.” He is getting treatment, which will hopefully help resolve his recent breathing problems, and hopefully help his performance.
While the Yankees are in action tonight, the Knicks will be fighting for their playoff lives in Game 5 against the Miami Heat, while the Rangers will look to close out their series against Washington Capitals. Enjoy the game, and feel free to chat it up in the comments section as always. Mike, Mike, Steve, and Matt will be at the game tonight, so feel free to give them a holler. Lineups are below. There is rain in the forecast, but hopefully they can get this in.
Derek Jeter SS
Curtis Granderson CF
Alex Rodriguez 3B
Robinson Cano 2B
Mark Teixeira 1B
Nick Swisher RF
Raul Ibanez DH
Russell Martin C
Dewayne Wise LF
Ben Zobrist rf
Carlos Pena 1b
BJ Upton cf
Matt Joyce lf
Luke Scott dh
Will Rhymes 2b
Elliott Johnson ss
Sean Rodriguez 3b
Chris Gimenez c
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees