A three run third and a typical Dan Haren performance were all the Angels needed last night to win game two of this three game set. Haren threw seven innings allowing eight hits and no walks while striking out seven in his second straight strong start. The Yankees got their run in the fourth inning on an RBI single by Nick Swisher (who was robbed of two hits by the absurdly fast outfield combo of Mike Trout and Peter Bourjous). The half inning prior to that, the Angels scored all the runs they’d need to win the game.
Peter Bourjos led the inning off with a single to left field and catcher Bobby Wilson bunted him over to second. Mike Trout then golfed a ball that was low and in and hooked it down the left field line for a run-scoring triple. After a Maicer Izturis grounder to third that ended with Trout being thrown out at home (the IF was in and the Angels STILL ran the contact play. WHY do teams continue to run the contact play?), Andy Pettitte hung one to Albert Pujols and he put it into the Yankee bullpen in left field to give the Angels a 3-0 lead. They would add single runs in the sixth (another Mark Trumbo homer) and the eighth (RBI single by Howie Kendrick). The Yankees put two runners on in each the seventh and the eighth, and loaded the bases in the ninth, but were turned away each time. With Ivan Nova facing off against Ervin Santana, they’ll look to avoid the sweep tonight.
Andy Pettitte didn’t issue a walk.
Every Angel batter, except Bobby Wilson, had a hit; Pujols, Trumbo, and Erick Aybar all had two.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees