Is there any explanation for the Yankees inability to win in Los Angeles that doesn’t invoke some sort of logical fallacy? While the Angels have been a very good team for the better part of this decade, that doesn’t quite excuse the Yankees’ veritable incompetence against Los Angeles’ “second team” over that time. As per several of the Twitterati elite, the Yankees are 11-25 as the visiting team since 2005 … which strikes me as baffling, at the very least.
A few items of note:
- On Monday, MLBTR looked into the Yankees payroll situation as part of its ’2013 Contract Issues’ series. It is very early to consider how the team will look heading into August, let alone next season, but it is interesting to note that this off-season will be intriguing without even considering non-Yankees free agents.
- Andy Pettitte is confident in his abilities going forward, per Chad Jennings.
- Hideki Matsui went deep for the Rays last night, and has now hit a home run in his debut for three of his four Major League teams (with the Oakland A’s serving as the outlier).
- Mark Teixeira is batting .448/.543/1.000 with 4 HR in the eight games following his rest for what can only be described as tuberculosis.
Onto the line-ups:
|New York Yankees||Los Angeles Angels|
|Derek Jeter, SS||Mike Trout, LF|
|Curtis Granderson, CF||Alberto Callapso, 3B|
|Alex Rodriguez, 3B||Albert Pujols, 1B|
|Robinson Cano, 2B||Kendrys Morales, DH|
|Mark Teixeira, 1B||Mark Trumbo, RF|
|Raul Ibanez, LF||Howie Kendrick, 2B|
|Nick Swisher, RF||Erick Aybar, SS|
|Eric Chavez, DH||Peter Bourjos, CF|
|Russell Martin, C||Bobby Wilson, C|
|Ivan Nova, SP||Ervin Santana, SP|
The first pitch is scheduled for 10:05 p.m., on the YES Network and ESPN 2. Let’s go Yankees!
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees