Contrary to my expectations, there did not seem to be an uproar with respect to David Robertson’s “closer mentality,” which is a veritable breath of fresh air in a season that has been full of stiflingly bothersome news and events. It seems as if many recognize that one game is far from demonstrative of a player’s abilities – shocking, I know – and are willing to give Robertson et al the benefit of the doubt in the wake of Mariano Rivera’s season-ending injury. This, I think, qualifies as progress for the more aggressive and pessimistic portion of the Yankees fanbase (read: the majority).
Sadly, there is a bit of disconcerting news to share, as Brett Gardner has suffered yet another setback. While the elbow did not bother Gardner during the course of last night’s rehab game, there was quite a bit of inflammation and soreness shortly thereafter, and the Yankees’ left fielder is scheduled for another MRI today. It seems as if this may be either a new injury, however, or a more severe injury than previously suspected as “[t]he problem is in the muscle and doesn’t seem connected to his bone bruise, and the Yankees believed the previous muscular injury had completely healed.” I suppose we will just have to wait and see.
For this, the Yankees bench will remain shorthanded tonight, with Jayson Nix, Dewayne Wise, Russell Martin, and Raul Ibanez riding the pine. On the brighter side of injury news, Eric Chavez feels that he is fully healed and could be back as soon as tomorrow – welcome news, as his bat and glove are a fine fit behind Rodriguez at third (and in front of Nunez).
Onto the line-ups:
|Tampa Bay Rays||New York Yankees|
|Ben Zobrist, RF||Derek Jeter, SS|
|Sean Rodriguez, 3B||Nick Swisher, RF|
|B.J. Upton, CF||Robinson Cano, 2B|
|Jeff Keppinger, DH||Alex Rodriguez, DH|
|Brandon Guyer, LF||Mark Teixeira, 1B|
|Carlos Pena, 1B||Curtis Granderson, CF|
|Elliot Johnson, SS||Andruw Jones, LF|
|Chris Gimenez, C||Eduardo Nunez, 3B|
|Will Rhymes, 2B||Chris Stewart, C|
|David Price, SP||CC Sabathia, SP|
The first pitch is scheduled for 7:05 p.m., on YES Network and the MLB Network. Let’s go Yankees!
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees