- Nick Swisher will be manning right field this evening for the first time in what seems like a lifetime (likely due to the lifetime’s worth of errors and miscues by made by Raul Ibanez and Eduardo Nunez in the outfield) – weather permitting, of course.
- Andy Pettitte will toe the rubber against the Mariners this Sunday. The southpaw was slated for an additional start at Triple-A, but the combination of a Sunday afternoon debut at Yankee Stadium and the hapless Mariners offense was far too appealing (and sensible) to pass up.
- Joba Chamberlain is playing catch and working out without a walking boot. Brian Cashman stated last week that it was possible we would see Chamberlain on the mound later this season, and this, at the very least, suggests that it isn’t an entirely delusional statement.
- Brett Gardner is still out and a righty will be on the mound for the Rays … which means Eduardo Nunez is your starting left fielder this evening. Andruw Jones is likely the better option against pitchers of any handedness, but Girardi values his bat and glove on the bench in a pinch.
- Jose Campos has been placed on the disabled list with inflammation in his right elbow. It seems premature to jump to any sort of conclusions, but it is difficult to remain positive given the fate of Michael Pineda.
Onto the line-ups:
|Tampa Bay Rays||New York Yankees|
|Ben Zobrist, RF||Derek Jeter, SS|
|Carlos Pena, 1B||Curtis Granderson, CF|
|B.J. Upton, CF||Alex Rodriguez, 3B|
|Matt Joyce, LF||Robinson Cano, 2B|
|Luke Scott, DH||Mark Teixeira, 1B|
|Jeff Keppinger, 3B||Nick Swisher, RF|
|Will Rhymes, 2B||Raul Ibanez, DH|
|Sean Rodriguez, SS||Russell Martin, C|
|Jose Molina, C||Eduardo Nunez, LF|
|James Shields, SP||Ivan Nova, SP|
The first pitch is scheduled for 7:05 p.m., on YES Network and the MLB Network. Let’s go Yankees!
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees