The 2012 amateur draft is just one week away. Draft day is my favorite baseball day of the year, because I get 20-30 new prospects to start thinking and writing about. We’ll be providing you extensive coverage here at TYA on draft day and immediately thereafter. Eric is planning some pre-draft analysis as well.
Tyler Austin hasn’t hit a home run in his last 10 games. Instead, he’s just hit a pedestrian .452/.540/.595, raising his average all the way to .323. His walk rate has significantly increased in the month of May, even as his strikeouts have remained elevated. He’s even chipped in on the bases with 7 stolen [...]
(The following is being syndicated from An A-Blog for A-Rod)
I know this is going to come as a complete shock, but the Yankees really haven’t gotten much from the catcher position this season. After breathing life back into his career last year, Russell Martin has regressed back [...]
Like Tuesdays game, but in the other direction, the third inning proved to be a big one in the Yankees/Angels matchup. Down 1-0 thanks to a first inning sac fly, and having twice failed to drive runners home, the Yankees broke out for five runs in the inning thanks to a three run homer by [...]
Is there any explanation for the Yankees inability to win in Los Angeles that doesn’t invoke some sort of logical fallacy? While the Angels have been a very good team for the better part of this decade, that doesn’t quite excuse the Yankees’ veritable incompetence against Los Angeles’ “second team” over that time. As per [...]
During the early part of the 20th century, professional boxing was the most popular sport in American and the heavyweight champion was the king of the sports world. Even the great Babe Ruth took a backseat when Jack Dempsey [...]
Alex Rodriguez is having a nice month of May. Though the 36-year-old slugger has just three home runs since May first, he has raised his batting average by 43 points and his OPS by another 63 points over the last month. Coming off the worst season of his career, A-Rod is off to [...]
Yesterday, the Yankees made a seemingly small roster move by transferring Brad Meyers from the 40-man roster to the 60-day disabled list, replacing him with right handed relief pitcher Ryota Igarashi. The 33 year old former NPB reliever came to the MLB in 2010 with the Mets, who handed him a [...]
A three run third and a typical Dan Haren performance were all the Angels needed last night to win game two of this three game set. Haren threw seven innings allowing eight hits and no walks while striking out seven in his second straight strong start. The Yankees got their run in the [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees